R15-100 Self-Rebooting/Looping

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BryanSat88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Albany, NY
I have a R15-100 DVR, everything worked well on the unit for about 6 monthes until I got "upgraded" to software version 0x1194 on 4/2. Now the unit starting rebooting while watching (not quite at random usually between 7-10 am and 9-10 pm) gets to bar graph says "getting satellite information" and at random percentages it REBOOTS again in a loop. The only answer is to pull the plug for a couple minutes (It doesn't even get to a menu screen). I have checked the setup, menu reset the receiver, unplugged/replugged the receiver, forced a software download, everything short of a full factory reset (which I don't want to do until I watch all my recorded shows).

I hate to say it, but it seems like a software problem. Almost like it is getting a reboot code in the data stream. I notice the rebooting keeps looping when it is getting the satellite setup info. (which I guess is really the program guide initialization and key authorization). Like there is something in the data stream that this software keeps choking.

Anyone know of a fix? I will perform a full factory reset if this will fix the problem, but my guess is this won't fix a software glitch until the next version comes out.

Bryan

:mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Some probably dumb questions by a potential customer

Another spotbeam question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)