R15 30 Second Skip

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If your R15 has already gotten the update from Directv then just press the button above the fast forward button (see picture)...if it has not gotten the update then the 30 slip will not work yet, you can wait a few weeks to get the new update or you can force it by using the 02468 method (if you are not familiar with this method I will post a link explaining it) however this will not guarantee you will get the update.

Information forcing update (post #5):
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=62621

Press this button

Attachments

• Pressthis.jpg
    Pressthis.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 264
Nope, it doesn't work. That button just brings me to the end of the recording. I have a R15-300, the recent update was for the R15-500s. I guess I will just have to wait.

I have the R15-500, live on the west coast, tried the forced update command, and nothing. It apears the forced update command does not work. When entering the command, there is no alteration in the reset sequence, as if the command was never entered.

I also checked on DBSTalk, there are other people who are experiencing the same issue of not being able to force update, as if the command does not exist. I have also noticed when entering the 02468, while on the first blue Welcome screen, the blue LED does not flash as I key in the code. Durring normal operation, the blue power LED always flashes everytime I press a button on the remote.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I would like to report, that last night, somewhere in the wee AM, my "other" R15 took the update automatically.

It's entirely possible the mass update is here, but since I haven't checked my "forced update resistant" R15, I can not say for sure if its happening just yet.

Last edited:
kdarcangelis870 said:
Nope, it doesn't work. That button just brings me to the end of the recording. I have a R15-300, the recent update was for the R15-500s. I guess I will just have to wait.

R15 Upgrade
Model Number: DIRECTV R15

Occurs: Daily, at 1:16 AM PT, according to this schedule:
Apr 26, 2006 - Pacific time zone
R15-500
May 3, 2006 - All time zones
R15-300, and all remaining R15-500 receivers
Occurs every 20 mins. See To get upgrade.
Version after upgrade: 1088
Confirming version:
At top of remote, slide to DIRECTV position.
MENU on remote.
Setup.
Info & Test.
"System Info" displays the software version.
New version of R15-500 is 1088.
New version of R15-300 is TBD.
What upgrade 1088 does:
30-second "scan":
To fast-forward 30 secs, press ADVANCE button (clockwise arrow).
To fast-forward in 30-sec blocks, press ADVANCE multiple times.
Back-end changes (not readily observable to customer):
Improves stability and Series Link support.
Previous version: 103A or 10AF
In March 2006, an upgrade fixed a problem with recording daily shows using Series Link.:

To get upgrade:
Keep receiver plugged in. Does not need to be turned on.
If upgrade does not complete:
Reset.
If receiver just reset, upgrade should occur within 20 minutes.

I have the R15-300 as well and I've received the upgrade:)

My R15 took the update early this morning.
What a lousy 30 second skip... It just fast forwards 30 seconds, it doesn't skip 30 seconds like Tivo. :down

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts