R15-300 Keeps Dialing in (VOIP)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BryanSat88

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Albany, NY
I noticed a shock on my last month's huge phone bill. I have a metered VOIP phone service (V**age) connected to the DVR. All has been good for the last 1.5 years. It was calling in 1-2x/week and for PPV. After the last software upgrade on my R15-300 DVR to version 0x123E it started calling two different numbers (800 and 866) one time each every 3 hours around the clock. That translated to about 16 phone calls a day. I called the DTV CSR and he was of no help except to try rebooting the box. He said all he new was that it was calling in (not the frequency). This didn't help. 3 hours later it was back to calling the numbers again. I tried the self-teat and phone call in test and both are fine. I was already opted out for the collection of viewing statistics and confirmed it again on there website.

I unplugged the phone cord!

I would really like to not have to mess with plugging it in each time I want PPV or using the computer to order PPV. Any things to try other than setting the call waiting prefix to *99, which I already did when the box was installed.

Thanks.:(

sounds like it may be a problem with the modem itself now, err rather a software issue telling the modem to do a call back, it probably *thinks* that all the callbacks are failing, so it keeps calling in. did you try forcing the software download again?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IVR... really stupid question.

Cable Distance Limitations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)