R15-500 Ce# 9:06 1/18 & 1/19

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE / Version
R15-500 {CE:09:06} - 0x1188

Software Download Window:
Friday: January 18, 2008: 11pm - 2:30am ET
Saturday: January 19, 2008: 11pm - 2:30am ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD DIRECTION/AGREEMENT

The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of Last National Release)
  • Items from CE:09:01
  • Items from CE:09:02
  • Items from CE:09:03
  • Items from CE:09:04
  • Items from CE:09:05
  • Items from CE:09:06

Improved
  • 01 - Watch Manual Recordings, while recording
  • 02 - Under the hood updates
  • 03 - UI polishing
  • 03 - Stability improvements
  • 03 - Guided setup improvements
  • 06 - Performance improvements
  • 06 - Recording stability improvements
  • 06 - Overall system stability improvements
  • 06 - Interactive stability improvements
  • 06 - Minor UI polishes for recording history
  • 06 - A/V stability improvements
  • 06 - Minor UI polishes for system menu
  • 06 - Caller ID UI behavior improvements
  • 06 - Overall guide stability

Updated
  • 04 - Hard Drive Performance/Stability
  • 05 - Menu to disable scrolling
  • 05 - Active channel DST improvements

New feature(s)
  • 03 - Recordings priority over applications
  • 03 - Resume and Start Over Button
  • 03 - Left Arrow Key to mimic Back Key

I didn't get an answer on another forum so I will ask here. Do some receivers just not get the update even if forced and just keep the national release? I tried to get the CE release last week and tonight during the active times but every time it just downloads the national release instead.

My other machine a HR20-700 downloaded the CE versions with no problem.

do you have a -500 r15?

there are also 100 and 300 models, and they all have different software setups.

The Ce from last night is 500 only.

How much time is there between the CE release and the national release? Do they always or hardly ever use the same software in both? My install will be next week, will I have a updated national release in my box?

The machine is definitely a R15-500. For some reason it just lists the date of the firmware that was updated when the machine was first turned on last month.

The machine is definitely a R15-500. For some reason it just lists the date of the firmware that was updated when the machine was first turned on last month.

Are you doing a Menu Reset?.Then when you see the first blue screen enter these numbers from the remote control: 0-2-4-6-8 ?.Don't hesitate when you enter these numbers and only enter these numbers once.The R15 will hesitate,then proceed to download the update.;)

In System Info your original software number should not change but your bottom number will be different.;)

Are you doing a Menu Reset?.Then when you see the first blue screen enter these numbers from the remote control: 0-2-4-6-8 ?.Don't hesitate when you enter these numbers and only enter these numbers once.The R15 will hesitate,then proceed to download the update.;)

In System Info your original software number should not change but your bottom number will be different.;)

Yup the exact same procedure that the HR20-700 uses. It kinda feels like entering the "lost" numbers. :)

Maybe I am just reading it wrong it's just not as clear as what the HR20-700 displays when you get new software version.

Original Software: 0x1175
Past Upgrade: 0x1188 Saturday 12/22 12:46pm

It's the Saturday 12/22 12:46pm part that is throwing me because thats when it downloaded the firmware when it was installed.

Last edited:
Yup the exact same procedure that the HR20-700 uses. It kinda feels like entering the "lost" numbers. :)

Maybe I am just reading it wrong it's just not as clear as what the HR20-700 displays when you get new software version.

Original Software: 0x1175
Past Upgrade: 0x1188 Saturday 12/22 12:46pm

It's the Saturday 12/22 12:46pm part that is throwing me because thats when it downloaded the firmware when it was installed.

Yes you have the latest upgrade.Don't worry about the other(date)mine has never been right either.;)

Honestly I think the software programmers have such a heavy load of updates and fixes the date will be the last thing they worry about.Go by the number.;)

Yes you have the latest upgrade.Don't worry about the other(date)mine has never been right either.;)

Honestly I think the software programmers have such a heavy load of updates and fixes the date will be the last thing they worry about.Go by the number.;)

Cool.
Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)