R15 & R10 Ota

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ktk3438

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I have an R10 & an R15, we get locals from one market via D*, and would like to some from another via antenna. I had no trouble getting my HR20's to see the antenna, and adding the channels, but for some reason the other 2 boxes are not as easy, or I'm just that dumb!

Can anyone shed some light on this cuz I don't see anywhere in the setup where to go for antennas. HR20's are pretty clear, but these 2 are different.

Thanks in advance for any help.

What you see as RF connections are used to be able to pass thru an RF signal when the unit is in standby. This is so that it is easier for people to connect to a TV that only has an RF input.

So people who don't get local Via D* are pretty much screwed with the units?

Not necessarily, some people who want local nets "move" to another market & get those locals thru the dish... ;) (do a search on "moving" for more info)

Not necessarily, some people who want local nets "move" to another market & get those locals thru the dish... ;) (do a search on "moving" for more info)
Or install a couple of diplexers. Run the antenna into the ANT port on the multiswitch, and at each TV (not the HR20), insert a diplexer on the input to the receiver. SAT leg going to the receiver and the ANT leg going to the TV set (or digital tuner).

Or install a couple of diplexers. Run the antenna into the ANT port on the multiswitch, and at each TV (not the HR20), insert a diplexer on the input to the receiver. SAT leg going to the receiver and the ANT leg going to the TV set (or digital tuner).

He still will NOT be able to DVR OTA channels on those 2 other receivers, since they are NOT made to receive OTA signals, so not sure if there's much point to doing it.

He still will NOT be able to DVR OTA channels on those 2 other receivers, since they are NOT made to receive OTA signals, so not sure if there's much point to doing it.
The point to doing it would be to run the OTA leg to either the TV if it has an ATSC tuner, or a STB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts