R15 w/SBCHE DirecTV 'sevice not activated'

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbche_slave

Dec 26, 2005
I hope everyone had a great holiday.
Last Wednesday, I installed an R15 and a desonora D575d (destacking the entire apartment was not an option, and more difficult than I wanted to attempt) as an early gift to my wife (she's a reality show junkie). It took less than 2 hours to get an email response from sbche saying that it was activated, which I thought was awesome because they warn it can take up to a week.
We can view all the same channels with it, however whenever we try to use one of the DVR features it pops up an error message saying the service is not activated. I've contacted SBCHE and DirecTV numerous times, they both say it should be working.
The one problem I've found is they have me in the system as using an R10 not an R15. Could that be what is preventing me from using it? I've tried to have them fix this since the first night I've had the box, but they haven't changed it yet.
I'm also questioning if SBCHE customer's boxes can phone home and if that would make a difference for an R15.
If anyone has any other suggestions for me to try, or things I should ask for them to try, it would be very helpful.

The DVR service for an R15 is different than the R10. R10's use TiVo, and R15's use DirecTV's interface. There are two different codes for the two DVR services, and since they have you down as an R10, you have the DVR service for TiVo. I would call them up and tell them they need to update the model, and then go in and update the DVR service code, then it should work just fine.

I've been going back and forth more with SBCHE, and actually got to speak to someone on the phone. It sounds like they can only activate TiVo based DVR's at this time, but hopefully I got the ball rolling on this.

I'm hoping they could at least call DirecTV and have them send the proper activation signal. I will post back with what happens.

Call DTV Customer Support, and tell the rep the following:

"I'm getting a 'Service not Activated' (or "711") message. You have the R10 DVR service active on my account, I have the R15. Change it."

In DTV's system, if you have an R15, and you have the R10 service, then yes, you'll get an error message until you cann DTV you get it corrected. If they tell you you have the R15 service, reset the sumbitch. That always fixes it - when a customer calls in with the same problem, anyway.

The R15 now works with SBCHE for me. DTV will not make changes unless you suscribe through them, however they can view see at least some of your account info.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)