R16/300 DVR install help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xupe49

Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
LA
I am replacing an ancient stand alone receiver with a R16/300 DVR. The old receiver only had one cable coming in. Do I have to make a new cable run from the dish for the second tuner? Seems like a huge pain (I am on an offshore oil production platform). With my dish network system they just put in a splitter and two short cables to the box.

Any my help would be appreciated

I am replacing an ancient stand alone receiver with a R16/300 DVR. The old receiver only had one cable coming in. Do I have to make a new cable run from the dish for the second tuner? Seems like a huge pain (I am on an offshore oil production platform). With my dish network system they just put in a splitter and two short cables to the box.

Any my help would be appreciated

If this recvr is SWM capable, that would be the way to go and solve your coax issue.
If SWM capable, you'll want a SWM SL3/5 dish as well.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Xupe49!

Yes, if you want to use both tuners, you need two lines. It will work with one. If you are using a Slimline dish with a swm setup, then only one cable is necessary, but you probably have the old Phase III dish.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Xupe49!

Yes, if you want to use both tuners, you need two lines. It will work with one. If you are using a Slimline dish with a swm setup, then only one cable is necessary, but you probably have the old Phase III dish.

Chip, is the R16 SWM capable ?
I wasn't sure when I posted, but I think it is.

it would be great if i could us the splitter, but I am pretty sure that these are an older style dish. Each dish feeds a R16/300, I can run another line, but it would be from a different dish. I am not sure if that matters or not.

it would be great if i could us the splitter, but I am pretty sure that these are an older style dish. Each dish feeds a R16/300, I can run another line, but it would be from a different dish. I am not sure if that matters or not.

If you gotta run another line to a different dish, why not just change out the dish to a SWM dish and be done with it.
Then you add the Power Inserter and splitter and your good to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)