R22-100 and activating HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hudgreen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
I had a customer buy (on his own) a r-22-100 thinking it was a HD receiver.
He has swm, hd service and another hd receiver on his account but D* gave me the run around on the phone.
the r22 will only "see" the 110 101 and 119 as well as swm, on the point dish screen even after rerunning setup.
So whats the deal here, I did a little research but still don't know if it even possible for him to get HD on that box?
Any info is much appreciated

that rep was dumb, it sees the 99/103 as well, because in my market pa32, there is a local channel in sd on the 103 (yea i know makes no sense) and I had a cust ask for an r22 back in the day specifically to get that channel. Also once the order is complete and the sub has at least 1 hddvr on the account, then the r22 is added it will automatically receive hd. Im watching one right now. however I added mine after the tech left. I didnt have the tech install it.

But like I said the 103/99 are not even there (as if it won't even try for them)
The other hd box,as well as the one it replaced, had no issue so its not the dish but an activation issue...I guess

the sd locals in this market are not on the 99/103

hudgreen said:
But like I said the 103/99 are not even there (as if it won't even try for them)
The other hd box,as well as the one it replaced, had no issue so its not the dish but an activation issue...I guess

the sd locals in this market are not on the 99/103

Make sure an HDMI cable is plugged in then force a download if the sub has HD active on the account it will convert itself to an HR22. After it downloads you'll need to change the settings to show HD instead of hide them

The R22 can get HD BUT there are a couple of conditions
-you need HD service (DUH!)
-you need a REAL HD receiver on the account

I had 2 R22's but when I upgraded to HD I needed to get a H23 added to get the HD on the R22's. They (D*) can't "turn it on".....if the account sees HD on the account then the R22 has it added. Thats why I needed the H23.

When you hit menu and setup it will say "R22-100 (with HD)"....

Hutch....it converts it to a HR21 ;) but still says R22. The R22 is a HR21 (with a different model #) and can be activated on SD only accounts

so reading your post he already has a HD receiver...hook it up, run the sat setup and let it download the info.....then do a redo sat setup and that should fix it and get HD.

I'll passed all this info on to the sub and hopefully it all works out for him

Just to be sure I got it right, to force a software download you hit 0 2 4 6 8 when first starting up from a reset...corect?

correct. But I think since the receiver is mainly a SD receiver it has to be activated first then will get the HD

so boot up
0-2-4-6-8
go through the sat setup. Since SWM setup just select 18" dish first (unless you can select SWM)...it might automatically find it
let it go through the whole thing
then activate it
wait 5-10 minutes once programming is on
then do a redo sat setup and make sure its on right dish (SWM3 or SWM5 depedning on setup)
make sure when you do menu then system settings that it shows R22-XXX with HD (the xxx is the 100-200 number as to what factory its made in)

If it doesnt say "with HD" then HD wont be on there. The HD will pop in after activated

Iceberg said:
correct. But I think since the receiver is mainly a SD receiver it has to be activated first then will get the HD

so boot up
0-2-4-6-8
go through the sat setup. Since SWM setup just select 18" dish first (unless you can select SWM)...it might automatically find it
let it go through the whole thing
then activate it
wait 5-10 minutes once programming is on
then do a redo sat setup and make sure its on right dish (SWM3 or SWM5 depedning on setup)
make sure when you do menu then system settings that it shows R22-XXX with HD (the xxx is the 100-200 number as to what factory its made in)

If it doesnt say "with HD" then HD wont be on there. The HD will pop in after activated

If its on a SWM system it will convert see the SWM without having to change anything. It'll just pop up on the screen and say "please wait" then it will switch to SWM automagically. Yeah, automagically! :)

oh thats right....SWM does find automatically. I know the HR34 did it but then thats SWM only ;)

When I upgraded to HD we had to change the R22's from 3 LNB to SWM3....the HR23 we had to change too as it said SWM5 which it wasnt

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)