R22-200 in RV with 3LNB dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

salty dawg

Original poster
May 3, 2008
I tried a search, but I'm not sure how to phrase it, so starting a new thread. I have a Slimline-5S (SWM) HD setup at home, but when we take our camper on the road, I take my R22-200 with me and use a 3LNB oval dish, because I don't really need HD on the road, and the Slimline would be a dog to aim in most of the places we camp. We like to take the DVR box with us, because we usually have some pre-recorded stuff we like to watch when nothing else is on, or if we're really in the woods.
It seems like every time I do my initial setup, I have a different issue that comes up, and since I don't have the dish aimed until I can get a signal strength menu, it's not usually something I can (in my mind) trial and error my way through. Once I get set up the first time on a trip, everything's OK for the duration, no matter how many times we change locations. The problems I run into is that it can't find the second tuner (which I guess is because I'm not on the SWM?), no signal on line2 (my coax is on line one/swm) and so on. I usually can resolve it, but sometimes it takes a couple of hours, a lot of soft & hard resets, and moving my input from line1 to line2 and back. So by the time I'm finally watching DirecTV, I can't remember how I got there. Also I get my locals within about a 200-mile radius of home, but I think I lose whatever transponder they're on beyond that point. Really no big deal, but if I'm missing something I can correct, why not do it?
Do any of you have a step-by-step procedure (that doesn't involve taking a Slimline/SWM setup with me) I can follow that would help me out?
Sorry this is so long, thanks for any help in advance.

I tried a search, but I'm not sure how to phrase it, so starting a new thread. I have a Slimline-5S (SWM) HD setup at home, but when we take our camper on the road, I take my R22-200 with me and use a 3LNB oval dish, because I don't really need HD on the road, and the Slimline would be a dog to aim in most of the places we camp. We like to take the DVR box with us, because we usually have some pre-recorded stuff we like to watch when nothing else is on, or if we're really in the woods.
It seems like every time I do my initial setup, I have a different issue that comes up, and since I don't have the dish aimed until I can get a signal strength menu, it's not usually something I can (in my mind) trial and error my way through. Once I get set up the first time on a trip, everything's OK for the duration, no matter how many times we change locations. The problems I run into is that it can't find the second tuner (which I guess is because I'm not on the SWM?), no signal on line2 (my coax is on line one/swm) and so on. I usually can resolve it, but sometimes it takes a couple of hours, a lot of soft & hard resets, and moving my input from line1 to line2 and back. So by the time I'm finally watching DirecTV, I can't remember how I got there. Also I get my locals within about a 200-mile radius of home, but I think I lose whatever transponder they're on beyond that point. Really no big deal, but if I'm missing something I can correct, why not do it?
Do any of you have a step-by-step procedure (that doesn't involve taking a Slimline/SWM setup with me) I can follow that would help me out?
Sorry this is so long, thanks for any help in advance.

first thing ... hook your ant up before you plug in your recvr... run a second line to your recvr ....or at the menu be sure to set as single tuner ... on startup repeat sat setup & select your correct dish 18 x 24 3 lnb
be sure to tell setup single tuner if not connected....

Last edited:
set dish for 18 inch unless you sub to spanish channels (400-450)

you will not get HD without a slimline lnb.
and set tuner to signal tuner and use sat input 1.

Thanks for the info so far. Aiming the antenna isn't my problem, it's the setup/reset/reboot sequence that has me bumfuzzled. Where I store my RV (200 miles away) I have my 3 LNB dish permanently mounted, getting in the 90s on 101, 110 and 119, so I'm starting with good signals. As I mentioned, I'm on SWM at home, non-SWM on the road, not interested in buying another Slimline for HD, so the R22 I guess has to be rebooted for the new configuration each time I change the setup. I'll try EBMS1's sequence suggestion the next time I'm headed to the camper, see how it works. Not really critical to have both tuners, so I'll set it to single & use the camper's single coax prewire.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)