r22 and hd and Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chitowncraig

Original poster
Oct 7, 2009
Chicago
I have 2 r22's in the house and just upgraded to a hd tv in August and ordered a hd dvr on August 18th. My question is since I had to pay $200 + s&h fees from Directv when did this update come out for the r22 boxes to be able to get hd programming and use the hdmi out of the boxes? I'm gonna be pretty angry with Directv if a. the update happened already by 8/18 or b. that they knew it was coming up very soon because that makes me spend $230 plus sign an additional 2yr contract with them and deal with a slower hr22 box. I didn't need Directv to come out and put up a new dish, I could of found someone to do that.

I have 2 r22's in the house and just upgraded to a hd tv in August and ordered a hd dvr on August 18th. My question is since I had to pay $200 + s&h fees from Directv when did this update come out for the r22 boxes to be able to get hd programming and use the hdmi out of the boxes? I'm gonna be pretty angry with Directv if a. the update happened already by 8/18 or b. that they knew it was coming up very soon because that makes me spend $230 plus sign an additional 2yr contract with them and deal with a slower hr22 box. I didn't need Directv to come out and put up a new dish, I could of found someone to do that.

The policy right now as I have heard you have to already have an HR2x HDDVR and have the HD Access Fee on your account.Then when your R22 receives software 034c that will change your R22 to an HR21.

Basically if you had no hr2x reciever then the r22 would never work for hd. It is a requirement that an HD reciver be on the account first before r22 will work with hd.

no it just that we are not gong to rewrite a whole billing system to correct an issue like that. Our billing system does not see an r22 as an hd box.

no it just that we are not gong to rewrite a whole billing system to correct an issue like that. Our billing system does not see an r22 as an hd box.

I have an HR22 and still can not get my R22 to see the HD channels. My set up was done Nov. 1 2008 so my dish and SWM should be good. I read other comments on here that say if an HDMI is not hooked up it may not work. I do not have a HDTV on my R22, however, I would like to watch HDNet, Smithsonian and other HD Extra channels from time to time on that TV.

I have an HR22 and still can not get my R22 to see the HD channels. My set up was done Nov. 1 2008 so my dish and SWM should be good. I read other comments on here that say if an HDMI is not hooked up it may not work. I do not have a HDTV on my R22, however, I would like to watch HDNet, Smithsonian and other HD Extra channels from time to time on that TV.

Since I don't know what you have tried I would suggest you login to the DirecTV website go to where you can reauthorize services to your R22 then unplug your R22 for 2 minutes.Good Luck!:)

P.S. You need 034c software on your R22 any software that is different can effect your ability to achieve this.

Here's the link.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mydirectv/mysystem/mySystemResendAuthorization.jsp

Last edited:
Big Dog, do your settings say "hide HD channels" on the R22?

Yep already done that. I also received the update back after week one of the NFL. I have tried the reauthorize but not reauthorize and unplugging my receiver for two minutes. I will try this tonight.

Thank you for the suggestions.

actually I will say some times reciever issues go away if you deactivate the reciever and have it reativated in our billing system . Some agents know to try this others will just hit resend all auths over and over again.

Since I don't know what you have tried I would suggest you login to the DirecTV website go to where you can reauthorize services to your R22 then unplug your R22 for 2 minutes.Good Luck!:)

P.S. You need 034c software on your R22 any software that is different can effect your ability to achieve this.

Here's the link.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mydirectv/mysystem/mySystemResendAuthorization.jsp

I am going to try this as well as my r22 isnt getting hd programming.....also remember you need the BBC's for the r22 to work properly, which i am going to have to call directv and have them send me some out.

I am going to try this as well as my r22 isnt getting hd programming.....also remember you need the BBC's for the r22 to work properly, which i am going to have to call directv and have them send me some out.

Refresh me on what BBC is? IS that the external box D* set up behind my HR22? If so that is my problem. The Satellite cable behind my R22 comes directly from the wall.

Refresh me on what BBC is? IS that the external box D* set up behind my HR22? If so that is my problem. The Satellite cable behind my R22 comes directly from the wall.

If you have a SWM setup (one line needed for DVR for full functionality) you do not need BBC's. If you have 2 lines going to your DVR, you need to have BBC's connected.

If you have a SWM setup (one line needed for DVR for full functionality) you do not need BBC's. If you have 2 lines going to your DVR, you need to have BBC's connected.

I only have one line into each DVR. I guess now it is on to trying StoneCold option and have them remove the R22 and add it back, since re authorization and unplug for 5 minutes didn't work.

if you dont have swm, then yes you need a bbc. pictured below, yours will probably be black, but i couldnt find a pic of a black one in the 20 seconds of effort i put into google. u need 2 of these actually

hd_equip_thumb_bband.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)