Radio shack 10.5 foot mesh taking pounding

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scarecrovv

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
newfoundland
Any suggestions on how to keep the panels in place on this dish? Was thinking pl premium maybe? 120 km per hour winds this winter have not been kind and i just dragged panel number 2 in the shed

Maybe you need a "windbreak" A chunk of fencing or something to keep the full force of the wind off the dish.

i'm not familiar with that dish (probably most others aren't either). can you take some pictures of the dish showing how the mesh is attached to the ribs & post them? (i'm assuming since they came loose they are just snapped or pushed in) pictures will help us help you :)
maybe rivet the mesh to the ribs? some guys stitch tears in their mesh panels with thin wire so maybe that would work?

Seems to me I remember a few 'up here' that had the same problem BITD.
If they 'slip' into channels on the ribs I'd try nylon 'zip' ties about every 8 inches or so.
"Zip' tie around rib through adjacent panels. Use UV stable/resistant zip ties for max life.

Seems to me I remember a few 'up here' that had the same problem BITD.
If they 'slip' into channels on the ribs I'd try nylon 'zip' ties about every 8 inches or so.
"Zip' tie around rib through adjacent panels. Use UV stable/resistant zip ties for max life.
Correct in how they are attached. I would take some pics but the usb on my computer is shagged up and i have no way to upload. I will try the zip ties. That will probably work well. Just gotta wait till the calm before the next storm lol.:snow

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)