RadioShack plans to close over 1,000 'underperforming' stores

Correction actually 3 locally. One 10m away (Woodland Hills) and other about 30m away (Burbank) and other one about 45m away too (Oxnard) all in California

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

You have too many. Send one over here to us! ;)

The one here by us doesn't have squat anymore. If I go in looking for resistors or similar, they don't even know what I'm talking about, or have it. I don't even bother trying to get anything there anymore.

With the advent of online shopping,and cheap parts from China,RS was doomed.

Even in an emergency it probably works better for me to drive 2 hours each way to Dallas to go to Fry's and get the odd electronic part than to think that RS might stock it... Well I will check RS first since it will save me 4 hours of driving, but they usually do not have such an animal, so off to Dallas...

Here they have crappy customer service, All they do is talk on their cellphones than actually help you, Mostly teenagers, even if they do help you they're understaffed, And it would take a long time just to answer your questions, that's why when I go(if I go) I just get my stuff, pay and walk out, But recently I went there and there was nobody there but me, and this is during prime time hours, I definitely don't mind that they'll close RS, they're expensive anyway, for what I can get a a lesser price online.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I only go into RS if I am desperate for a part that I cannot wait for internet shipping. Even then you do not know if they will have it.

The worst part is that the idiots who work there try to help you and have no clue what your looking for.

Then they tell you they don't carry what your looking for, and I usually spend another 10 minutes looking and find what I need on my own.

Everytime I go there, I have to make a decision if it's worth my time going there to look to see if they stock what in looking for and getting ripped off, vs just going online and waiting an extra few days and saving money.

I only go there if I'm despite for a part.

The Radio Shack in my Town is a pain to go to, if you do want to buy something you end up waiting forever for people getting a cell phone setup.

Fry's isn't all the special anymore, I rather just order stuff online.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts