Rain Fade...Got Any Bigger Dish Solutions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kraftwerk76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
--Hello, all. As of last week, I had the local installers install a 20x22 inch, 3 LNB dish (Choice Xtra with DVR). While I love my new DirecTV programming, I have noticed I get quite a bit of rain fade (I used to have Dish Network, and I had virtually the same amount of rain fade). Can anyone suggest a larger dish that will accept the 3 LNB configuration that is on my current 20x22" dish? Thanks for any help.

I think Channel master makes an upgrade for Directv 3 lnbf dishes. Go a google on channel master dish for directv. I think it is 36" wide and 24 tall.

kraftwerk76,
Why not move up to the 5 LNB set up ?

I have had next to NO rain fade ...
The 5 lmb would allow you to get the new mpeg4 channels (with the apprpriate rec.s), also IS a larger dish, I think it's like 25" x 29" or something like that.
You can still view the same chanels on the 5 lnb that you could get with the 3 and you'll be set for the future when you decide to upgrade.

That said, Rain Fade is directly related to the type of atmospheric conditions .... And how well your dish is peaked.

Jimbo

+2 on the dish being peaked.

Sounds to me like the install was not as accurate as it could be. I never get rain fade, worse I get is a little pixellation. My transponders are all in the upper 90's to 100

+2 on the dish being peaked.

Sounds to me like the install was not as accurate as it could be. I never get rain fade, worse I get is a little pixellation. My transponders are all in the upper 90's to 100

Same here, but we have not mention one other thing that could possibly come into play : Is there anything that may be blocking SS , such as Tree branch growing or anything else, the arch the dish points out to is larger than most think.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)