Rain fade? Hartford CT area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnner1999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
earth
I have had my setup for about 6-7 months now, with no weather issues. Tonight while watching local CBS (wfsb) in HD surviour which isn't really in HD but the HD channel seems better?

we lost about 15 minutes of the show to what I assume is rain fade -- we did have a thunderstorm.

Not sure what bird carries this channel - but my signal numbers range from 91 to 100 (a couple transponders dip into the high 80's

equipment

Slimline 5LNB
2 - HR20's

Things have been ok here in Cheshire.. although My mom is having issues with her DVR.. but I don't think that's weather related... more of the need of a reset.

I'm thinking it was weather related. I've only had my Slimline for a couple months now and I've only lost my signal once for like 5 minutes even tho it was hardly raining but where was 1 hell of a lightshow going on and darker n' hell out. I wasn't expecting any outage issue considering the size of this dish, but I was wrong. Still I've been tho some pretty heavy rains since that 1 outage and I've yet to lose the signal again. There's no accounting for atmospheric conditions and it doesn't need to be just rain either.

Robin

I lost all signals for about 2 minutes around 9pm due to the heavy rain.

I was watching for rain fade last night as it was the first good storm since i re pointed the dish. It was much better than the last rain. When it really started pouring around 830 I lost signal but I expected that as it was a strong thunderstorm and most times you will lose signal. I checked the regular channels as they are usually more immune to rain fade as I think they are ku instead of ka and they were off also. Glad I wasn't recording anything. I am in Bethlehem.

The lightning and down pours were intense for about 15-30. I lost signal but I expected it given the intensity of the storm. I am in Marlborough.

I lost the TBS hd feed in mpeg4, but the TNT hd in mpeg2 was still there.

I'm thinking it was weather related. I've only had my Slimline for a couple months now and I've only lost my signal once for like 5 minutes even tho it was hardly raining but where was 1 hell of a lightshow going on and darker n' hell out. I wasn't expecting any outage issue considering the size of this dish, but I was wrong. Still I've been tho some pretty heavy rains since that 1 outage and I've yet to lose the signal again. There's no accounting for atmospheric conditions and it doesn't need to be just rain either.

Robin

Same here more or less -- rain wasn't that heavy IMHO but we were getting a good amount of lighting and "fog" seems high as well.

thanks for the input folks! for the local HD channels (wfsb, wtnh and wtic) which bird should I be looking at to make sure I have enough of a signal?

Same here more or less -- rain wasn't that heavy IMHO but we were getting a good amount of lighting and "fog" seems high as well.

thanks for the input folks! for the local HD channels (wfsb, wtnh and wtic) which bird should I be looking at to make sure I have enough of a signal?

Since you asked about WTNH, I assume you mean the sd channels. They come from 119. The hd locals are on 103.

Since you asked about WTNH, I assume you mean the sd channels. They come from 119. The hd locals are on 103.

good catch I must have typed wtnh as a wish full thinking LOL.

I was in HD mode and should have listed wvit instead. Either waythank you

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)