Rainbow DBS and Echostar File against Voom HD LLC Petition to Deny

And this is why CVC shut Voom down, see page 6, last paragraph. Voom no longer exists, so there is no party harmed by transferring the licenses. Low, low game by Jimmy and co.

This just goes to show that C. Dolan must have been forced into letting V* shut down so as not to interfere with the Rainbow-1 transaction. C. Dolan probably did not want to give up on V*, but from what I am reading in this rebuttal, he was forced to vote for the shutdown of V* because of the legal ramifications. It is a shame that corporate politics had to come into play with V*, but I am sure that C. Dolan was backed into a corner with no way out.

I do hope that C. Dolan can launch another DBS company, under private ownership, but it still may take a while to do so.

I for one can not blame Charles for voting the way he did against V*. IMO he had no choice but to do so. :no

Cablevision has not yanked the www.savedbscompetition.org website yet. I wonder why?

Didn't someone say that it was being hosted on CV servers.

Could Dolan still be planning to reply to the objection Echostar filed?

rtt2 said:
Cablevision has not yanked the www.savedbscompetition.org website yet. I wonder why?

Interesting but I guess I don't know what the purpose would be now? All the subs are now running to others. Never get them back with another independent system.

rtt2 said:

The Name Server for this site is listed as brinkster.com, which is a Domain hosting company. I do not think this web site is setting on a CV server.

I believe we established the VOOM LLC website was the same one as well when Chuck and Jimmy Dolan were duking it out. I wonder if CV has the power to pull this website?

Hmmm. I currenly receive something like 39 HD channels plus HD locals from DC, Baltimore, Richmond and Charlottesville VA...and somehow we are being told the handful of HD-Lite channels being offered by E*---along with their promise to increase HD channels at some distant point beyond 2006---is going to advance HD, offer consumers more choices, and increase competition. :confused:

WOW! This reply must have drafted by the law office of Jackson, Peterson, Simpson & Pinocchio.

jbphoenix said:
The Name Server for this site is listed as brinkster.com, which is a Domain hosting company. I do not think this web site is setting on a CV server.

And the domain is also a private registration so you can't see who really set it up.

If Voom HD LLC and the association wish to continue the battle they can file reply comments countering this opposition. Considering that this opposition was co-filed by the rightful owners of the Voom service and not someone (however placed) who hoped to assume control over the service in the future it would be a difficult argument to win.

"The So-Called Association of Consumers to Preserve and Promote DBS Competition"
Did they ever reply to enquires after the "please join" thread was started?
Have any SayGuys members received updates from ACPPDBSC?
Have they notified members that Voom is shutting down April 30 as promised on their homepage?

Page 8 gives a version of the shutdown story that is backed by SEC filings.

Probably the coldest line in the whole filing is on page 9 (partially in footnote) and in the attached declaration:
"Rainbow DBS was only able to attract some 40,000 subscribers ... Echostar added 40,000 net customers every 10 days."​

In both the DBS only marketplace and especially in the wider MVPD market Voom statistically didn't exist. That is the strongest argument to show that selling their transponders to another company won't change the marketplace.

Rainbow DBS and Echostar put it much better than I can, and suprised me by fining their reply now instead of on the deadline date. There is still time for C Dolan to reply - a few extra days thanks to the early filing of the opposition.

JL

rtt2 said:
I believe we established the VOOM LLC website was the same one as well when Chuck and Jimmy Dolan were duking it out. I wonder if CV has the power to pull this website?

Here is the whois information for voomllc.com (Personal names and Phone numbers omitted)

MC SQUARED INCORPORATED
17 HARBOURTON RIDGE DR
PENNINGTON, NJ 08534-3712
US

Domain Name: VOOMLLC.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
MC SQUARED INCORPORATED
17 HARBOURTON RIDGE DR
PENNINGTON, NJ 08534-3712
US

Record expires on 01-Mar-2006.
Record created on 01-Mar-2005.
Database last updated on 13-Apr-2005 18:42:41 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS51.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.228.28
NS52.WORLDNIC.COM 216.168.225.192

I don't know where MC Squared fits into the picture, but this site is not hosted by CV servers though. (Note the date of march 1, 2005 when the Domain name was first created)

After reading the petition, I am more than convinced that the April 18th meeting will NOT be a 'business as usual' meeting. Could Charles have something instore for everyone? Or will he keep his cards to himself until AFTER the April 30th deadline? ALL this has to be made into a made for tv movie....in HD of course....

justalurker said:
If Voom HD LLC and the association wish to continue the battle they can file reply comments countering this opposition. Considering that this opposition was co-filed by the rightful owners of the Voom service and not someone (however placed) who hoped to assume control over the service in the future it would be a difficult argument to win.

Rainbow DBS and Echostar put it much better than I can, and suprised me by fining their reply now instead of on the deadline date. There is still time for C Dolan to reply - a few extra days thanks to the early filing of the opposition.

JL

I believe the deadline for submitting replies to the initial set of comments was April 12, 2005. That is why Rainbow DBS and Echostar filed their reply now. Any responses/comments to this recent filing needs to be filed by April 18, 2005. It will be interesting if Voom HD LLC/Charles Dolan files anything in response. After the 15-0 vote to shutdown Voom by the Cablevision board, I would be suprised if he did but then again a lot of what Charles Dolan has done the past few months has been a suprised to many.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)