Rainbow Six Seige

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I guess nobody is as excited as me about this game coming out.

I guess nobody is as excited as me about this game coming out.

I'd like to play it but I know how I am with multiplayer games. I usually like them for a week or two but only a couple a year are capable of holding my attention when there are so many choices. I have a hard time rationalizing $60 for a multiplayer game I'll probably play for two weeks.

I also lean heavily to waiting until a game is cheap before I buy it and I hesitate to do that with multiplayer games. When I buy it for half price a few months later the community has shrunk and the only people still playing it have the game mastered while I have never tried it. That's why I usually only buy the multiplayer games I think I will be playing for months and I grab them on day one. The exception is when they are dirt cheap well after release. I'll be picking up Counter Strike Global Offensive at some point during this Steam sale since the price is a low enough barrier that I am willing to try jumping into a game people have been mastering for years.

I have played all their other ones so I have no problem buying them.

Did anyone else register for the Rainbow Six beta? I just got my code but I haven't decided which platform I want to redeem it on yet. If people want to join up on PS4 or Xbox One I'll redeem it on one of those platforms. If not I'll just get the PC version.

Just got my confirmation from Ubisoft that I'm good to go for the closed beta on PC starting next Thursday.

How do you get one?

I tried to give people a heads up back in post #4 in this thread but that was about 3 months ago.

http://microsites.ign.com/rb6_betaCodeSweepstakes/

They are running a closed beta promotion with IGN. I'll probably sign up so I can give the game a try without committing my $60 to it.

I just checked and it looks like the sign up website is still active. I'm not sure if beta access is on a first come first serve basis or if they are just letting everyone who signs up in. It's worth a shot if you are interested.

I just took advantage of this so I could try it on Xbox One instead of just PC if I want to.

It's kind of weird that Amazon is giving out free codes since the Ubisoft website says you have to join a waitlist if you don't already have a code. Ubisoft isn't letting new people in but Amazon is? Oh well, I can confirm that it did work. I am now registered for the beta on Xbox One.

I'm not sure how much time I'll put into the beta but I plan to give it a try on PC tonight. If other people here are going to play it on Xbox One I'd be open to joining up there too.

I still haven't received my beta download key on either PC or Xbox One. I received confirmation that I was guaranteed access to the closed beta on both platforms and that I would be receiving the download code in a separate email.

Apparently I'm not alone. A quick google search found two separate subreddits full of people complaining that they haven't gotten access yet. Many of these people actually preordered the game for guaranteed access. That sounds like a dumb idea for guaranteed access to a 4 day beta but it still happened.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/3m7ijb/they_give_us_such_a_small_time_to_play_the_beta/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3m70m2/anyone_get_a_rainbow_six_beta_code_yet/

From what I have read, the small number of people who do currently have access are not having very good success either. People are reporting extremely slow matchmaking or just not being able to get into a game period. It sounds eerily similar to the Master Chief Collection launch but at least in this case they are still in beta and told people to expect problems.

It looks like they doing an extremely slow rollout of new waves of people since the servers weren't even able to keep up with the initial waves. I'm guessing that they will end up extending the closed beta because it's starting to look like a large percentage of people who were guaranteed access will not be allowed in today.

Well, good thing I didn't care about this. I actually got access to 2 pc keys from 2 different sources and I still haven't received anything

I just got the download codes for PC and Xbox One around 9:30PM ET. Maybe I'll give it a shot tomorrow night.

They're giving out the keys in "waves." People who preordered the game got in on the first wave. Then people who got them through various other means (contests, Amazon, etc) will get theirs later.

BTW, if anyone wants a PC beta key let me know. I was thinking about playing this but then I got a copy of Policenauts and just after an hour playing last night I Know I'm going to be all in on this until something else comes from Gamefly.

Speaking of, Amazon has this game on sale for $35.99. So even if you preordered you may as well cancel and then rebuy this version. Note that this is for a Uplay Key for PC.

Amazon product ASIN B00VF6A5JE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts