Rainbow Six Seige

They're giving out the keys in "waves." People who preordered the game got in on the first wave. Then people who got them through various other means (contests, Amazon, etc) will get theirs later.

BTW, if anyone wants a PC beta key let me know. I was thinking about playing this but then I got a copy of Policenauts and just after an hour playing last night I Know I'm going to be all in on this until something else comes from Gamefly.

Speaking of, Amazon has this game on sale for $35.99. So even if you preordered you may as well cancel and then rebuy this version. Note that this is for a Uplay Key for PC.

Amazon product ASIN B00VF6A5JE

I wasn't planning on buying this game. At that price a preorder would be worth it if I really like the beta. Turns out I might be taking a last minute trip out of town for the weekend so I'm not sure how much time I will get with the beta though.

Well I tried out the beta a little tonight. It's running smoothly on PC with quick matchmaking and no noticeable lag or glitches when you get into a game. I'm also getting about 150fps but it doesn't look very pretty. I'm guessing the full release will be touched up a bit.

I don't see myself buying the game even though everything works well. The methodical, hide in a corner and try to shoot people through a hole you punched in the dry wall thing is cool but I only like it in small doses. Most of the shooters I like to play involve a lot more of a run and gun style.

Rainbow Six has always been a slower paced, tactical shooter though so I'm sure fans of the series will love it. I don't hate it for a change of pace myself but I don't see myself playing it long enough to justify the $60.

I also tried the Xbox One version thinking console gamers would be more likely to play it like most other console shooters and I could easily pick them off by sticking to the tactical style. I never got to test that theory though.

I spent quite a while waiting for matchmaking to find me a game. When it finally found a game everyone in the lobby was talking about how long they have been waiting for matches. Then an error message popped up and I was kicked back to the "finding match" screen. It just stays on this screen forever. I tried canceling and trying again a couple times with no luck. In fact, I have been on the "finding match" screen the whole time it took me to write this up with no results.

It's strange that the PC version is running so smoothly and the Xbox One version doesn't work at all.

This has been extended to Oct 1st due to all the problems they have been having.

And Ramy just told me that he received his code and didn't get a chance to use the one I sent him. If anyone wants a beta key for Xbox One let me know.

Nice. I got to play some yesterday for a while and I like what I saw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)