Raleigh HD Locals

Just had my 622 installed and I'm getting some HD locals. Installer is still here so I'll post some more when I get the chance.

Showing on my channel guide:
040 - WUVC
028 - WRDC
022 - WLFL
017 - WNCN
011 - WTVD
005 - WRAL
004 - WUNC

They all work!!!

Last edited:
Just had my 622 installed and I'm getting some HD locals. Installer is still here so I'll post some more when I get the chance.

Showing on my channel guide:
040 - WUVC
028 - WRDC
022 - WLFL
017 - WNCN
011 - WTVD
005 - WRAL
004 - WUNC

They all work!!!

Are you sure they aren't sd locals? I think HD would be 6000 numbers.

alright guys, my first post and I think it's a good one. Tomorrow I'm scheduled between 8 and 5 to get i guess a dish 1000 for my hd locals. onn dish's site it now has WTVD and WNCN in HD. it's 59.95 with commitment and 99.95 without for dish upgrade. I was under the impression that it would be free upgrade when they came available? when do you'll think the rest will pop up in hd?:) :) :) :) :)

Dishnetwork.com now says these 2 channels are available. No WRAL (CBS)
as on Direct.

Actually, it looks like NO WRAL (CBS) or WRAZ (FOX) which are both owned by CBC (Capital Broadcasting Co.) the parent company. They must be holding out on carriage fees for the HD channels....

But good news regardless. And they are currently CONUS, which helps in the RV, although that means carrying a monster DISH500+.

The HD's are up

I called Dish this morning and he said that I should be receiving them. We did a little checking and found that I have a dish 1000 dish. I will be needing a Dish 1000 Plus. I am currently receiving 119,110 and 129 but no 118.7 where those channels are located. The tech said it looks like alot of people in the area will be calling for Satellite upgrades. He made me an appointment for the earliest opening which is Dec 14. I suggest that if you are not getting 118.7 to call for the upgrade quickly. At least before the non-satguys readers find out :)

Also I have a call in to the programming department at WRAL to see if I can get some information on when we can see CBS and FOX in HD

Last edited:
I'll probably do the dish upgrade myself.. A friend of mine called for an upgrade of his DISH500/DISH300 combo and DISH wanted $200 installation fee, not including the hardware (DPP44/DISH1000+).

I can get the DISH500+ for $130 (combined with my DISH300 @ 61.5). I opted for this since I have heard that the 129 Sat (DISH1000/1000+) has issues with the stabilizers and the signal drops out occasionally.

Still have to upgrade my DPP34 to a DPP44 but I will finally be able to use those Separators for the 622.....

Ok everyone I have been E-mailing fool! I asked about more locals in HD like Oklahoma City and others. Plus asked about what other HD Channels could we see in the next couple months so forth. This is what I got back.

"Thanks for your inquiry. The cities/locals scheduled in 2006 to convert to HD are Indianapolis IN., Raleigh NC., and Pittsburg PA. You’ll see more locals added in HD between the 1st quarter of 2007. Dish will also supply numerous RSN’s (Regional Sports Networks) in HD at that time as well. Again, thanks for your time and concerns."

So sounds like the last 3 for this year should be coming but take it for what it says. I think we might know for sure in the next couple of months and maybe something will be brought up on the next Charlie Chat. If I hear more will let my firends here on SatelliteGuys know. :)

Ok guys can you clear something up for me. I have a 211 install coming Tuesday to replace my 811. In reading this thread it seams as if there is HD locals being broadcasted for Raleigh but then it in the same thread it makes me think they are not. If someone could please let me know if they are or are not being broadcasted by Dish it would be greatly appreciated. Also if they are then what channels (locals) are in HD on Dish currently. This info would be needed for the Raleigh, NC area.

Thanks,
Odiakan

Wii, Xbox 360 (HD-DVD Addon), Samsung 32 LCD HDTV, Samsung 1000 watt surroud sound & hopefully HD Locals. aRe -YUU- lOKO?

Ok guys can you clear something up for me. I have a 211 install coming Tuesday to replace my 811. In reading this thread it seams as if there is HD locals being broadcasted for Raleigh but then it in the same thread it makes me think they are not. If someone could please let me know if they are or are not being broadcasted by Dish it would be greatly appreciated. Also if they are then what channels (locals) are in HD on Dish currently. This info would be needed for the Raleigh, NC area.

Thanks,
Odiakan

Wii, Xbox 360 (HD-DVD Addon), Samsung 32 LCD HDTV, Samsung 1000 watt surroud sound & hopefully HD Locals. aRe -YUU- lOKO?

You can get the ABC and NBC HD Locals in Raleigh today - hopefully CBS and FOX will come very soon. You will need the DISH500PLUS or DISH1000PLUS to receive the ABC and NBC HD channels (and WRAL/WRAZ when they come online)...

So anyone in Raleigh actually getting the available HD locals yet?

I got the 500+ upgrade yesterday. I now get NBC-17 and ABC-11 in HD. The signal for 118 is a lot lower than my others so I don't know if there will be a rain fade problem or not. I haven't done enough reading on the type of LNB used for 118 and if it doesn't need as high a signal. To note I get over 100% on 110 and 119, but 60 and 67 on the 2 transponders used for our local HD.

DISH_NC said:
You can get the ABC and NBC HD Locals in Raleigh today - hopefully CBS and FOX will come very soon.
There is no reason to think that FOX and CBS will be on very soon. D* hasn't been able to add them either. Sounds like Capital Broadcasting wants too much money. I personally don't think E* or D* should have to pay a dime to pass on locals to the locals rightful audience. The locals should thank the SATs for taking on the cost to broaden the locals audience. The locals aren't incurring any more cost; they are already broadcasting in HD. Capital Broadcasting is sticking it to their customers. :mad:

I also got my upgrade yesterday, and wondered why my signal for 118 is so low at 70 when everything else is 100+ Since I got it the two locals were blocky and faded in and out like an OTA. This morning it is at 84, I don't know if I should wait or get on the phone with dish?:rolleyes:

The 118 Satellite is Circular polarization if I recall and normally requires a larger dish for a stronger signal.... My new DISH should be here this week so I'll report on my findings....

I sent an Inquiry to WRAL as to carriage on DISH (or D*) and they replied that negotiations with the Satellite carriers is currently underway. They also offered me a free OTA antenna upgrade to assist my reception of the channels in the meantime and stated that the quality of the picture from OTA would still be superior to that which would eventually appear on the Satellite.

Interesting....

Because D* and E* are going to compress the signal. What you get with an OTA antenna is the raw feed and it's as good as it gets, broadcast wise. I have an antenna in the attic and get excellent reception from all of the local stations...all 90 or greater on strength and usually 100 on CBS and ABC. I'm only like 6 miles from the towers.

I think it would still be nice to get them over the dish for a comparison. I don't have the dish required to get the newly uplinked locals and haven't called E* yet about getting a replacement. The installer had to put 2 dishes on the roof when the system was put in, so I don't know if it's even possible to hit the 118 bird from my house due to the trees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)