Ran a test -- 2 test failed...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tylerbonezjonez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Ran a test and got 2 test failed (one was couldnt detect a phone line which is fine I have it hooked up to broadband) The other one gives me a Diagnostic Code 43-72-461 .. then it proceeds to tell me there is a Satellite Dish Alignment Problem ... is this something I should be worried about? To my acknowledgment Im not receiving any signal issues.

If you don't have a phone line hooked up then that's that. If you do have a phone line hooked up and test reveals that then an inexpesive phone line tester would probably reveal that ph outlet is wired backwards..phone will still work but will result in phone line not detected message. Most likely dish is not perfectly aligned. Don't know the threshold for signal levels that prompts that message but a quick check of signal levels may reveal lower than highest possible levels. Stuff will work fine but could possibly suffer from earlier than necessary rain fade in inclement weather.

Yes, check all signal strengths on all satellites.
Your values should all be in the mid 80s and higher, except for spot beams not serving your area.

If you have another phone cable, you might try swapping it out and see what happens. Could be a break in it . I had that happen with one of our phones. Turns out my wife got it caught in the vacuum cleaner and didn't think to mention it. As it happened it was in our guest room and that phone isn't used much so it was weeks before I realized the phone wasn't working in there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)