Random Act of Kindness ....free offset dish C-band polarotor feedhorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brex2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
USA
I had hoped to get a 1.8m offset dish from a GM dealer - they want too much for it.:(

Included in the box are the offset dish polarotor feedhorn, a 2-hole clamp, 2 servomotors, a C-band Chaparral polarotor feedhorn, a Patriot 15*K LNB, plus extras.

Bongu, if you're there this one was tailored for you.:)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Bongu, if you're there this one was tailored for you
If Bongu defers, I'd like to have this for a 4ft Channel Master offset I'm experimenting with to possibly get my in-laws on FTA.. :)

I am interested. Thanks for thinking of me. This will bring my newly obtained Prodelin 1.8 to life!

I have my eye on what appears to be a rusty 8' Birdview perforated with an H-H on it. Hope the owner isnt one of those that says "I paid $2400 for that back in the days...."

I am interested. Thanks for thinking of me. This will bring my newly obtained Prodelin 1.8 to life!

I have my eye on what appears to be a rusty 8' Birdview perforated with an H-H on it. Hope the owner isnt one of those that says "I paid $2400 for that back in the days...."

Excellent!

My thoughts to mount that feedhorn were either to re-form the 2 hole clamp to fit the horn better cushioning it with the silicone sheet rubber....or....make a clamp of UHMW polyethylene or PVC.

In any case I'm glad these things will be put to use.

I know what you mean about the price jump on used dishes....here in So. Cal. there's a lot of gilded dishes that never move.

Happy New Year!

Package arrived today. WHOAH! It was like Christmas morning opening the box. I will take photos of the feedhorn once I figure how to graft it in place. It should be fun as the 3 support arms for the LNB are all the 3/8" diameter tubing. I may make a new lower arm to support the weight of this beastly C-Band feedhorn. I will prolly use the Patriot LNB you sent in the box on the beast. I already have a plan for the Ku LNBF and it involves using my DTE-7150. I will be able to use or share everything you sent. Your generosity is awesome, and greatly appreciated!

Package arrived today. WHOAH! It was like Christmas morning opening the box. I will take photos of the feedhorn once I figure how to graft it in place. It should be fun as the 3 support arms for the LNB are all the 3/8" diameter tubing. I may make a new lower arm to support the weight of this beastly C-Band feedhorn. I will prolly use the Patriot LNB you sent in the box on the beast. I already have a plan for the Ku LNBF and it involves using my DTE-7150. I will be able to use or share everything you sent. Your generosity is awesome, and greatly appreciated!

You're most welcome!

If that 1.8m dish is rigid enough what about 2 guy wires w/turnbuckles from 10 & 2 o'clock positions to support the extra weight?
1/16 inch stainless cable would be plenty strong & not block signal.
Just a suggestion. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)