Random Act of Kindness to Win: GEOSATpro DSR200c Receiver - SatelliteAV 1/4/2010

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
To enter this contest, perform a random act of kindness and help someone during the next week then reply to this post with "I Committed a Random Act of Kindness". You don't need to tell us what you did, just let us know that you helped someone. We would love to hear some stories, but this is really about putting a smile on neighbor's face, helping a complete stranger and making this world a better place!

Need ideas? Shovel the snow from a neighbor's sidewalk, prepare food at a local shelter, leave some toys or a bag of groceries on the doorstep of a family in need, prepay for the next few people in the coffee line, become a gas pump attendant for a senior.

Contest ends at 12 midnight, PST on 1/3/2010, but feel free to continue performing random acts of kindness at anytime. Satellite AV will select a winner from valid entries before end on business day on 1/4/2009. The contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member or moderator. Satellite AV employees and their families are not eligible to win, but are encouraged to participate!

What will a Satellite Guy win?

A GEOSATpro DSR200c MPEG 2, SD satellite receiver including free shipping within the continental US, Canada and Mexico!
http://satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=787&ws_cat=446
10113.jpg

The new DSR200c model has all the features that a hobbyist demands from a full featured MPEG 2 receiver and builds on the popular DSR100c model by adding a front panel USB 2.0 port supporting firmware and channel list up/downloading with Channel Master channel editing compatibility.

Slim, Compact and Feature Packed Standard Definition Satellite Receiver
GEOSATpro receivers are designed to provide exclusive and innovative features that are only available with the GEOSATpro brand. Automatic firmware updating in North and central America is available via satellite. No files to download or cables to connect to a PC. The receiver will always have the latest factory firmware, updates and new features as they are introduced! One year warranty protects you against any factory or design defects.
Experience fast and reliable channel selection. Superb picture quality supported with component, composite, s-video, or RF modulator reproduces vivid picture clarity on any TV, projector or monitor. Clear, crisp, high fidelity audio is available through optical Dolby Digital, RCA and modulated outputs.
dsr_dvr_meter.jpg

Easy Installation

Installations are easy with the intuitive on screen guide which directs you through the activation, set-up and aiming steps. An advanced signal meter automatically appears on screen with a graphical spectrum display indicating signal changes as the dish is adjusted and updated twice a second! No long wait times for the receiver to lock onto a signal. A convenient signal button on the remote control allows instant access to the signal meter at anytime. A signal beeper provides audible verification of satellite acquisition.
The DSR200c has an exciting new feature that automatically updates the receiver with additional channels and adds new features as they become available via the satellite! This OTA option allows automatic updating of important firmware and new channels anytime new Television or Radio channels are added.
Subscription channels such as CCN (Church Communication Network) are accessed with the built-in card reader which is compatible with IRDETO and supports cardless BISS. Electronic Program Guide information is often available on select channels providing program information up to 7 days in advance. Easily locate your favorite shows for viewing. Select the program that you wish to view or record and click on the title. The receiver will automatically tune the channel for viewing or recording with an attached VCR or DVD recorder. Ten timers are also available to automatically tune or record TV or Radio shows one time or reoccurring daily or weekly series.

Want to create you own customized channel or satellite lists? The GEOSATpro DSR200c supports firmware and channel list updates via USB drive. Manage your channels, satellites and transponder lists on a PC with the popular channel editing software, Channel Master by SharpC.

Glorystar Features
Weekly updates provide additional promotion and information channels exclusive for Glorystar viewers. Learn about the newest channels, upcoming special programming and equipment specials only available with a Glorystar approved GEOSATpro receiver. Glorystar offers viewers access to additional optional programming through partnerships with pay-per-view and subscription based channels. An Electronic program guide is in development with the support of Glorystar broadcasters and slated for introduction in 2010.

Hobbyist and Ethnic Channel Viewing
The GEOSATpro DSR200c satellite receiver is an excellent choice for receiving standard definition, digital, Free to Air and Direct To Home subscription programming available on Galaxy 19 or other programming from KU-Band satellites. What free TV and Radio channels are available? Check out the list at: http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/

• Watch hundreds of free channels from around the world. TV and Radio channels available in dozens of languages: English, Arabic, Farsi, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish, and many more!
  • Watch national and international news, sports, movies, soaps, theater, music performances and other entertainment events.
  • Backhauls of live sports and wild feeds directly from the remote locations as the news stories break!
  • Precise motor control for multiple satellite reception.
  • Designed by a satellite hobbyist to provide the reliability and flexibility of advanced user menus and features.
  • Supports the most demanding switching configurations.
  • Features an extremely sensitive tuner with exceptional signal threshold.
Receiver Features:

• Upgrade Software & Update Channel Database via Front Panel USB 2.0 Port
  • Upgrade Software & Update Channel Database via Satellite OTA
  • MPEG-II Digital & Fully DVB Compliant.
  • C/KU band control for each antenna
  • LNB Tone Switch 22KHz mode On/Off/Auto
  • Multi-LNB controlled by DiSeqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2
  • Motor Control by DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS
  • 5,000 Channels Programmable
  • Blind Scan with Upper / Lower Frequency Range Selection
  • Universal Smart Card Reader Supporting IRDETO
  • BISS Cardless Decryption Enabled
  • Picture In Graphic (PIG)
  • Electronic Program Guide (EPG) for On Screen Channel Information
  • 10 Timer Events for Daily, Weekly, Once Channel Selection
  • Multi-Language supported for Menu and OSD (English, Spanish, French)
  • Zoom Function by 2x, 4x
  • Parental Lock
  • Closed Caption Support
  • Glorystar Christian Karoke Lyric Support
  • Dolby Digital Bitstream Out through S/PDIF
  • CVBS Video & Audio Output via RCA
  • Component Y/Pb/Pr Output via RCA
  • S-Video Output
  • 7-Segment(4-digit) Type of Front Panel Display
  • Glorystar Approved for OTA and EPG Features

Conditional Access Interface
  • SMART CARD 1 Slot:
    ISO 7816, GSM11.11 and EMV (payment systems) compatibility

Tuner & Channel
  • Type 1 × F Type, IEC169-24, Female
  • Frequency Range 950MHz to 2150MHz
  • RF Impedance 75 Ohm unbanlanced
  • Signal Level -65 to -25 dBm
  • LNB Power 13.5/18.5Vdc +/- 5%, 0.5Amax, Overload Protected
  • 22KHz Tone Frequency : 22KHz +/- 2KHz, 0.6Vpp +/- 0.2V
  • DiSEqC Control Versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, Tone burst A/B, USALS
  • Demodulation QPSK
  • Input Symbol Rate 2~45 Ms/s, SCPC/MCPC
  • FEC Decoder Convolution Code Rate 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 With Constraint Length K = 7

System & Memory
  • Main Processor 32-bit ARM946 RISC Processor
  • Flash Memory 4 Mbytes
  • System Memory 16 Mbytes
  • Channel Capacity Digital Channel: 5,000
  • Front 7-segment Display (4 digit)

MPEG Transport Stream & A/V Decoding
  • Transport Stream MPEG-2 ISO/IEC 13818 Transport Stream Specification
  • Profile Level MPEG-2 MP@ML
  • Input Rate Max. 90Mbit/s
  • Aspect Ratio 4:3, 16:9, Letter Box
  • Frame Rate 25Hz for PAL, 30Hz for NTSC
  • Video Resolution 720x576 (PAL), 720x480 (NTSC)
  • Teletext Through VBI
  • Audio Decoding MPEG / MusiCam Layer I & II
  • Audio Mode Single Channel / Dual Channel Joint Stereo/Stereo
  • Frequency Response 20 ~ 20kHz, <+/-2dB; 60Hz ~ 18kHz <+/- 0.5dB
  • Sampling Rate 32, 44.1, 48KHz

A/V & Data In/Out
  • RCA Output CVBS, L, R Output (Yellow, White, Red Jack) with Volume Control
    Component Video (YPbPr) Out
  • S-VHS Output 4 Pin Mini
  • SPDIF Dolby Digital Bitstream Out (Coaxial, Toslink Optical)
  • Data Interface - RS-232, Bit Rate: 115,200baud
  • Data Interface - USB 2.0

RF Modulator

• RF Connector 75 ohm F-Type
  • Frequency Range VHF CH3, CH4
  • TV Standard NTSC
  • Audio Output Mono with Volume Control

Power Supply
  • Input Voltage AC 90V ~ 250V, 50Hz ~ 60Hz
  • Power Consumption Max 30W
  • Standby Power Consumption <= 10W
  • Protection Separate Internal Fuse

Physical Specification
  • Size (W x H x D) 10.25" x 2" x 8"
  • Weight 3 lbs

Environmental Condition
  • Operating Temperature 0 °C ~ 40 °C
  • Storage Temperature -10 °C ~ 50 °C
  • Operating Humidity Range 10~85% RH, Non-condensing
  • Storage Humidity Range 5~90% RH, Non-condensing

What an excellent topic! And, like you said, the commission of a random act of kindness is best performed discreetly with no fanfare. Merry Xmas!

"I Committed a Random Act of Kindness".

This should be a near daily statement for all of us.

I committed a random act of kindness today also. You said you would like some stories so here is one.I just moved to SC 3 months ago and all my family is still in Fl. I have a tradition of cooking Itailan for Christmas,so even though it is just me here at the house I started my sauce last night,made homemade noodles for the lasanga,made Italian herb bread,meatballs,salad you get the idea.I don't know how to make small amounts,so off to the neibours i went.She is a widowed country girl and a cancer patient.A knock on the door a big welcome and giving her a bunch of food led to a 2 hour conversation.Truly good people up here. When I left she did a act of kindness too. I know have lots of homemade jellies and pickels to eat!Merry Christmas to everybody and a Happy New Year.By the way the reciever would be great,but really I just wanted to share my story.

I performed a random act of kindness, today.

A neighbor ran out of medicine a couple of days ago. The pharmacy was out of stock, buty got it in late last night and was open today, so I ran him into town to get it. Oh, yes the town is 50 miles one way!

Yesterday, my wife and I delivered several "goodie bags" of her fresh baked Krumkaker to neighbors.

I performed a Random act of kindess. A friends mother wasn't answering her phone and he was concerend. He lives in another town and she lives a couple of blocks from us so we checked in on her. All was fine.

I Committed a Random Act of Kindness.

And do at least weekly. Was the recipient of a kind act many years ago, and have made it a personal habit to repay that kindness many many times over.

I performed a random act of kindness before I even knew of this contest.....

I committed a Random act of Kindness

Giving one of my prized Primestar Dishes to my elderly neighbor and setting it up for her to watch Glorystar

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)