Random Olympic Hockey Notes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How much was the rest of the year ?

$79.00 I had it for two years, then decided Versus was showing the Flyers every week anyway, plus I get two local clubs. I thought I'd be ok. Of course, the Versus thing blew that out of the water. I look at the point standing and see an interesting end of season. I love the open skating of the Olympic Games. They have plenty of hitting, but no fighting which I do not like. No other sport allows fighting, I think it really cheapens the game.

$79.00 I had it for two years, then decided Versus was showing the Flyers every week anyway, plus I get two local clubs. I thought I'd be ok. Of course, the Versus thing blew that out of the water. I look at the point standing and see an interesting end of season. I love the open skating of the Olympic Games. They have plenty of hitting, but no fighting which I do not like. No other sport allows fighting, I think it really cheapens the game.

You HAVE to allow fighting in hockey, at least the higher levels.......
Without , you would see a huge increase in high sticking and slashing, more than it is now.

That is part of what brought on the mandatory helmets, unfortunately they will probably end up going to FULL FACE masks, which would be a shame. They use to play without helmets at all.

SandraC: Very well thought out comments. On another note, How about the work of broadcaster Mike 'Doc' Emrick. The job he's done at these games is monumental if, for no other reason, all the names of the players he has memorized. Not easy with all the Europeon players. I never fall asleep when he's doing a game-just so interesting! Paul

SandraC: Very well thought out comments. On another note, How about the work of broadcaster Mike 'Doc' Emrick. The job he's done at these games is monumental if, for no other reason, all the names of the players he has memorized. Not easy with all the Europeon players. I never fall asleep when he's doing a game-just so interesting! Paul
He is a great announcer. Not only does he know all the names, but he throws in interesting facts like who they play for in the NHL, their hometowns, colleges, etc, and he does all that without missing a beat with the action on the ice.

He is a great announcer. Not only does he know all the names, but he throws in interesting facts like who they play for in the NHL, their hometowns, colleges, etc, and he does all that without missing a beat with the action on the ice.

I like him too, but lets be realistic, he like all other announcers have spotters and researchers that do alot of the work for them.

Jimbo: Yes, they do have spotters etc... but He still has to memorize the names and with all the other tidbits he puts in he has do it seemlessly and he accomplishes that w/o effort. Paul

Jimbo: Yes, they do have spotters etc... but He still has to memorize the names and with all the other tidbits he puts in he has do it seemlessly and he accomplishes that w/o effort. Paul

Yes he does, as do many other fine announcers, it part of the job.

Then again, every once in a while you get Harry Carey out there and ....well ya all know how that goes.

Bless the guy, I always enjoyed his calls too.

I like him too, but lets be realistic, he like all other announcers have spotters and researchers that do alot of the work for them.
I know thet do, but squeezing all that info into a hockey game is tough. It's not the same as Vin Scully killing time during a baseball telecast while the catcher walks out to the pitchers mound.

I know thet do, but squeezing all that info into a hockey game is tough. It's not the same as Vin Scully killing time during a baseball telecast while the catcher walks out to the pitchers mound.

This is so true.

I remember going with an old boyfriend to a Ranger game (his first one), and he said 'jeez, at Giant games you get to talk about each play during the next huddle. Here, when you want to talk about something that just happened...something else happens right away...and then something else and something else!'.

One of the reasons I love hockey...

Sandra

I really liked Emrick when he broadcast for the Flyers. Now he does the Evil Empire New Jersey Devils, and he misses a lot of obvious non-calls against Philly. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts