Random thoughts on a Monday

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Here are my thoughts:

1. Golf is probably the only sport where most people root against the underdog
(In the NBA, I doubt people coast-to-coast were rooting against the Warriors last year)

2. Over/Under: 12 homers in the Red Sox/Phillies series?

3. In terms of ratings drawing power, Tiger Woods is like a likeable Notre Dame- dominant, but hard to hate, unlike the Irish

4. With all these reality shows where people want to win someone's heart, they're somneone strange and odd.
Other than Tila Tequila, are they worth it?
(If you see her pictures, she's very hot, not to mention natural w/NO enhancements!)

5. How many posts do you think my NBA and NHL Draft threads/posts onthis board will get?

6. How long has NBC been televising the U.S. Open Golf Tournament?

7. Who would you rather have on your hockey team- Alexei Kovalev or Thomas Vanek?

8. Who's the prettier Food Network star: Rachael or Giada?

8. Over/Under: 160 RBI's for Josh Hamilton?

9. Dusty Baker, IMO, may stay with the Reds a little longer- they're building a strong team w/a bright future.

10. The Tampa Rays are for real, but the Marlins are not. They're not exactly playing well in the last few weeks.

11. With the NBA and NHL having resurgent seasons in terms of ratings, interest and buzz, am I the only one who sees baseball heading for a sharp decline?

12. What's the worst sports video game you have ever played?

13. Do any of you guys have Myspaces?

14. What's the better cheesecake: Eli's (It's in Chicago) or Cheesecake Factory?

15. Tomorrow, the nominees for the 2008 Hockey Hall of Fame induction are announced. Who do YOU think will get in?

16. Does anyone remember the last time I heard the name Pacman Jones in the news? It seems like a year ago.

17. I haven't seen Sandra in a while- is she doing another triathlon?

8. Who's the prettier Food Network star: Rachael or Giada? Giada by far! Not even a question IMO. Plus Giada actually has credible training in the food industry. (studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, France).

11. With the NBA and NHL having resurgent seasons in terms of ratings, interest and buzz, am I the only one who sees baseball heading for a sharp decline? The NHL had a resurgent season?

13. Do any of you guys have Myspaces? Nope.

14. What's the better cheesecake: Eli's (It's in Chicago) or Cheesecake Factory? Never been to Eli's, but I do have a Cheesecake Factory down the street from me. I never order the cheesecake though. Instead I get tiramisu for desert.

9. I agree

11. How could the NHL go any further down in ratings? They didn't come up much

13. Yes.

4. Reality shows suck...there is only one good reality show...COPS :D

7. Kovalev...can't stand Vanek (He's a former Goofer....see my "what teams do you hate" thread for more info)

8. Who's Josh Hamilton?

12. any of them that pertain to basketball...although tecmo bowl for the original NES still kicks ass

13. hell no..what are we...12?

14. dont have either here locally

16. didnt he get reinstated recently?

Here are my thoughts:

1. Golf is probably the only sport where most people root against the underdog
(In the NBA, I doubt people coast-to-coast were rooting against the Warriors last year)

2. Over/Under: 12 homers in the Red Sox/Phillies series?

3. In terms of ratings drawing power, Tiger Woods is like a likeable Notre Dame- dominant, but hard to hate, unlike the Irish

4. With all these reality shows where people want to win someone's heart, they're somneone strange and odd.
Other than Tila Tequila, are they worth it?
(If you see her pictures, she's very hot, not to mention natural w/NO enhancements!)

5. How many posts do you think my NBA and NHL Draft threads/posts onthis board will get?

6. How long has NBC been televising the U.S. Open Golf Tournament?

7. Who would you rather have on your hockey team- Alexei Kovalev or Thomas Vanek?

8. Who's the prettier Food Network star: Rachael or Giada?

8. Over/Under: 160 RBI's for Josh Hamilton?

9. Dusty Baker, IMO, may stay with the Reds a little longer- they're building a strong team w/a bright future.

10. The Tampa Rays are for real, but the Marlins are not. They're not exactly playing well in the last few weeks.

11. With the NBA and NHL having resurgent seasons in terms of ratings, interest and buzz, am I the only one who sees baseball heading for a sharp decline?

12. What's the worst sports video game you have ever played?

13. Do any of you guys have Myspaces?

14. What's the better cheesecake: Eli's (It's in Chicago) or Cheesecake Factory?

15. Tomorrow, the nominees for the 2008 Hockey Hall of Fame induction are announced. Who do YOU think will get in?

16. Does anyone remember the last time I heard the name Pacman Jones in the news? It seems like a year ago.

17. I haven't seen Sandra in a while- is she doing another triathlon?

7. Kovalev

8. Hamilton .... Under, by alot

11. MLB drop off in ratings ???
No, NHL, If your an NHL fan, you watched, if not, you didn't, same goes for the NBA. I doubt that I watched 1 NBA game in it's entirety this year.

13. No, but my niece does.

15. NFL HOF, how many years do you have to be out of the league before your eligible ???
Is Stevie Y in yet ?

16. Pacman, Did he do something noteworthy that he should be in the news for ?
He's not even worth me typing about, but he'll be all over the news when pre season gets here. He was in the news last month when the commish said he could practice with the team, which is BS seeing he hasn't been officially re-instated yet, any other team that would have tried to trade for him would not have been given the OK to practice. Only the "we want our Cowboys to be "America's team again " .... NFL league is always wanting the Cowboy's to be prominant.

Jimbo

1 - Everybody at work, including people I did not know even followed golf, was in my XM-equiped office (you cannot get NBC on an OTA basis there) and everybody was rooting for Mediate.

3 - When was it that Notre Dame had a game something like Mr. Woods'? Wasn't Reagan president?

6 - Didn't NBC get into golf in the early 90s? I remember when ABC was the main golf channel and had both Opens.

9 - Baker is a good loser. Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser. 2 division titles with a steriod laced team in SF, then takes the Cubs from first to worst in just four years, and now has the Reds in last place.

10 - I am begining to like the Rays simply because the Steinbrenners have this special dislike of the team because it cut into their status as the "local" team based on spring training.

11 - Apparently.

12 - Intelivision anything. Showing my age, but that was the worst video game system ever. 100% hype.

16 - When last we heard from the Pac-criminal, he was looking to go into 'raslin. Hopefully he will die in prision. He is a thug, through and through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)