Random thoughts on a Thursday afternoon

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
1. Over/Under: 40 points for Kobe in game 3?

2. 20 years from now, I'll be able to tell my grandkids about Dominik Hasek- he's one of those once-in-a-generation players.

3. I am surprised Sandra didn't contribute to the 'Worst sports uniforms' thread, given her hatred of the Islanders

4. Can we officially declare Dontrelle Willis a bust?

5. Does anyone care about the College Baseball World Series?

6. Who do you see getting elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame?

7. Will anyone besides me watch the NHL Awards ceremony on Thursday on Versus?

8. Can you FEEL the upcoming excitement- two weeks of Interleague Play?!

9. Two game-winning homers given up in a short span- could Mariano Rivera be on the downside of his career?

10. I think the Yankees are trying to prove that you can win a World Series without pitching- see the 11-10 game on Saturday

11. Over/Under: 2 weeks before the Mariners or Mets fire their respective managers?

12. I'm surprised Lakers/Celtics isn't drawing the monster ratings I thought would happen.

13. Who'll have the more turbulent year- Amy Winehouse, Terrell Owens, or Hank Steinbrenner?

14. Dion Phaneuf is the next Scott Stevens.

15. SamCDBS reminds me a bit of Rasheed Wallace- he's more negative than positive.

16. With Doug Collins not taking the Bulls job, I know Marv Albert has to be thrilled he's not losing another good announcing partner.

17. Since a lot of us are hockey fans, have any of you guys ever played the EA Sports hockey games on the Sega Genesis? (I have...)

000546784.jpg
000546785.jpg
0212.jpg

18. Why can't more power-play scorers be like Dave Andreychuk- take a licking, yet still put pucks in nets?

19. IMHO, some of the so-called 'Hollywood babes' can't hold a candle to the hottie of my time- Karen from Step By Step (played to perfection by Angela Watson).

image00054eh6.png

image00052vu7.png

image00061au5.png

20. As a Sabres fan, thank you for the memories, Hasek...

hasek-dominik-1-b81.jpg
290587.jpg

One more thing: I changed my avatar to a different picture of Andreychuk

1. Over/Under: 40 points for Kobe in game 3?

OVER!!!! He may get 40 from the foul line alone!! :rolleyes:

2. 20 years from now, I'll be able to tell my grandkids about Dominik Hasek- he's one of those once-in-a-generation players.

Yup, one of the all-time greats.

3. I am surprised Sandra didn't contribute to the 'Worst sports uniforms' thread, given her hatred of the Islanders

Yeah, those Gorton's Fishermen uniforms were uggggly!!!

Not yet. Got to give him a fair chance to adapt to the new league.

I've watched very little of the regionals. There has been excitement in spurts.

9. Two game-winning homers given up in a short span- could Mariano Rivera be on the downside of his career?

Nah, Mo has one slump almost every year. He'll be fine (not so sure about the rest of the Yankees bullpen)

11. Over/Under: 2 weeks before the Mariners or Mets fire their respective managers?

Under on McLaren..........Over on Randolph (Willie lasts until at least the ASB)

12. I'm surprised Lakers/Celtics isn't drawing the monster ratings I thought would happen.

That makes two of us.

16. With Doug Collins not taking the Bulls job, I know Marv Albert has to be thrilled he's not losing another good announcing partner.

I wish Collins got the job. I used to think he was great as an analyst, but he has got on my nerves the last couple of years. IMO, JVG is now the best game analyst.

Great questions!!!

With the amount he's getting paid and the complete lack of production he's given so far, quite possibly. I did warn Detroit fans before the season that D-Willey is way overrated and his stats have been steadily declining even in the NL.

Na. I'd rather watch the Little League World Series.

8. Can you FEEL the upcoming excitement- two weeks of Interleague Play?!
Sure. My Tribe has a series against the woeful Rockies and Padres. They may be exactly what we need to snap out of this funk!

As Bill said, Mo will be ok. Remember, he started this year in a dominant fashion by not even allowing a run until May 13th! BTW, Mo still has a 0.93 ERA and 16 saves.

I can actually understand this. Today's NBA fan is a different generation of fans that watched the old Lakers/Celtics rivalry games of yesterday. Most don't appreciate, respect or remember the rich history, which is unfortunate. Outside of LA and Boston, I would assume that would be the case.

17. Since a lot of us are hockey fans, have any of you guys ever played the EA Sports hockey games on the Sega Genesis? (I have...)
Yup. I had the '91 and '95 versions. I always played as the Rangers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)