Random thoughts- the post-NHL edition

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
With hockey season officially over- but not until an amazing conclusion (congratulations to the Penguins)- I'm ready for some more of my biannual Random Thoughts!

1. Did anyone see that Mets/Yankees ending? Anybody on this site could have caught that popup by A-Rod, including me- and I'm an out-of-shape guy who can't field a lick!

2. Somewhere, Ryan Malone, Gary Roberts, Georges Laroque, and Adam Hall are all kicking themselves.

3. Do any of you guys Twitter? I do, and among those who I follow on there include Alyssa Milano, Christina Applegate, Vanessa Hudgens, and Martin Havlat (I actually got a Tweet from him- I asked him about Hossa (they were Sens teammates), and he said "He's a great friend. Wish him the best.") This is as close as I'll get to talking to a budding movie star, an underrated hockey player, and two of the biggest teen heartthrobs of the late 1980s!

4. Over/under- 5 golfers under par at the U.S. Open? (There are a lot of ugly scores in that tournament; there have been winners who were over par)

5. This has been a very interesting last few weeks on this site; HD, Ramy, and Salsa go on vacation, heart-stopping action in the NBA Playoffs and Stanley Cup Finals, and Sandra returned.

6. I wish Sabathia had been saved until the Mets series. Seeing him vs. Santana would have been pretty interesting- a battle of the 298.5 million dollar pitchers!

7. What's the worst injury you've ever suffered? I once got hit in the forehead with a hockey stick- I needed 20 stitches!

8. Where I live, we don't have a Jack in the Box or a Sonic Drive-Thru Restaraunt. IMO, those would be more useful than David Beckham's contract since the money would be used on something better!:D:D:D

9. Any of you baseball oldtimers remember the story of David Clyde? It reminds me a bit of Strasburg- hotshot pitcher drafted #1 in the MLB Draft. Texas sent him straight to the majors to boost attendance, but he ended up flaming out. Do you think Washington will handle him carefully, or will they rush him? (One thing's for sure- he has to win over the fans. If he walked down the street with Alexander Ovechkin, I don't think anyone would recgonize him).

10. Last year, I had a thread about your favorite posters that you hung up on your wall. This may sound a bit like blasphemy, but I honestly think Cheryl Tiegs' pink bikini poster is better than Farrah's red bathing suit poster!

11. Cybok, what team is despised more in Pittsburgh- the Flyers or the Ravens?

12. This Penguins-Red Wings series reminds me of Lakers-Pistons in the late 1980s- a rising team loses a hard-fought championship series to an experienced team of veterans, but is able to attain victory a year later, older and wiser. I just wish my Bills could have done so against the Cowboys!

13. It is astonishing how high Chien-Mien Wang's Earned-run-average is. Honestly, I think Sandra would put up a better ERA.

14. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Personally, here's what I'd like to be able to have:

sharpbreath_med.jpg

Fire breath. I could defrost things more easily!:D:D

15. What's your favorite Pop-Tart Flavor?

16. Finally, I finished my summer math class yesterday- I got an A-Minus!;):D

With hockey season officially over- but not until an amazing conclusion (congratulations to the Penguins)- I'm ready for some more of my biannual Random Thoughts! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Somewhere, Ryan Malone, Gary Roberts, Georges Laroque, and Adam Hall are all kicking themselves.

We were better without them.

3. Do any of you guys Twitter? I do, and among those who I follow on there include Alyssa Milano, Christina Applegate, Vanessa Hudgens, and Martin Havlat (I actually got a Tweet from him- I asked him about Hossa (they were Sens teammates), and he said "He's a great friend. Wish him the best.") This is as close as I'll get to talking to a budding movie star, an underrated hockey player, and two of the biggest teen heartthrobs of the late 1980s!

Twitter is dumb, I like Facebook and playing Mafia wars on there.

5. This has been a very interesting last few weeks on this site; HD, Ramy, and Salsa go on vacation, heart-stopping action in the NBA Playoffs and Stanley Cup Finals, and Sandra returned.

Dude:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. What's the worst injury you've ever suffered? I once got hit in the forehead with a hockey stick- I needed 20 stitches!

My cousin punched me in the mouth while playing football in the backyard. My lip got fat, my two upper front teeth plus the one on the right next to them got pushed up into the top of my mouth and my gums ripped open. Damn those were the days.
:D

8. Where I live, we don't have a Jack in the Box or a Sonic Drive-Thru Restaraunt. IMO, those would be more useful than David Beckham's contract since the money would be used on something better!:D:D:D

Sonic is cool, we just got one.

10. Last year, I had a thread about your favorite posters that you hung up on your wall. This may sound a bit like blasphemy, but I honestly think Cheryl Tiegs' pink bikini poster is better than Farrah's red bathing suit poster!

Pam Anderson.

11. Cybok, what team is despised more in Pittsburgh- the Flyers or the Ravens?

Ravens, they were the Browns which is worse than the Ravens.

Really???:confused::confused::confused:

4 - Over, assuming reasonable weather.

7 - Been very lucky. Broke my nose in the third grade. About it.

8 - Who is this "Beckham" you speak of? Sonic is OK, but like most theme type restaurants, the theme is the thing and the food isn't special. Do not have Jack In The Box here.

15 - Strawberry.

16 - Cool. Math is power.

1. Did anyone see that Mets/Yankees ending? Anybody on this site could have caught that popup by A-Rod, including me- and I'm an out-of-shape guy who can't field a lick!

I saw the highlights on Sports Center. Between Castillo dropping the routine fly to Milton Bradley throwing a 2nd out ball into the stands in the Cubs game, last night was full of bone-head plays.

No Twitter for me.

4. Over/under- 5 golfers under par at the U.S. Open? (There are a lot of ugly scores in that tournament; there have been winners who were over par)

Under. Par is usually a good score for the US Open. Furthermore, I only hope we can be treated to something similar to the superb finish were had last year between Tiger and Rocco.

I'll be back full-time starting this Monday.

I've been fortunate enough to never have broken a bone or needed stitches. The worst injury had to have been a grease burn I sustained when working in the restaurant bizz.

We don't have those either in Ohio. I did notice on the way down to NC there are Sonic's here though. I may be stopping at a Sonic for breakfast tomorrow on my day home.

I had a Pam Anderson and Jenny McCarthy poster in my closet as a youth.

13. It is astonishing how high Chien-Mien Wang's Earned-run-average is. Honestly, I think Sandra would put up a better ERA.

I'm just shocked he hasn't been sent down to the Minors yet. Is their farm-system that depleted that they don't have any other options? Seriously!?

14. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Personally, here's what I'd like to be able to have:

Fire breath. I could defrost things more easily!:D:D

Invisibility. I could sneak into any sporting event in any seat in the house without being noticed.

Brown Sugar with Frosting. Toasted with melted butter on top.

16. Finally, I finished my summer math class yesterday- I got an A-Minus!;):D

Atta' boy!

I love the US Open. It's the toughest major of them all. The Bethpage course is nasty. Even par would be a very good score there.

Most anything would be more useful than Beckham's contract. You're not missing anything with Sonic though. That food is nuclear waste.

9. (One thing's for sure- he has to win over the fans. If he walked down the street with Alexander Ovechkin, I don't think anyone would recgonize him).

I don't think anyone would recognize either of them, unless they were in Moscow.

Sorry, but don't "get" Twitter.

6. I wish Sabathia had been saved until the Mets series. Seeing him vs. Santana would have been pretty interesting- a battle of the 298.5 million dollar pitchers!

..and so far they showed they were worth the money.

Way back when I was a teenager had a pretty bad bike accident...broken collarbone(in two places), broken nose, torn ACL, 2 facial scars and bruised "jewels". For a week I looked like the "Elephant Man" from all the swelling and bruising.

Have both in the same town, prefer Jack in the Box...and soon getting an In-N-Out Burger.

14. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

X-ray Vision. :D

Now I know that I am getting old...can't remember the last time I had a Pop-Tart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)