Rangers stumbling

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Funny how quickly fortunes can change in sports.

Ridding a nice 5 game winning streak, Rangers dropped the last 2.

I must admit last nights loss was a bad one. Just under 2 minutes the Rangers
Defense softened up to let a cheap goal in.
Then lost it in a shoot out.
Can't stand shoot outs. No ryme or reason to them. It's a flip of the coin.

Rangers are doing well. However I don't want to see mediocre play creeping in.

Not sure if you can call the Rangers 'stumbling'. As Ranger fans we are stumbling experts...we know it when we see it, because we've seen it a lot. Monday's loss to Toronto was a fantastic game, and last night they lost in a shootout so they still got a point. So they're not stumbling...yet.

You left out Anisimov's ridiculous goal celebration when the Rangers went up 2-1 that fired up the Lightning. I know the thing to do around here is be a homer and defend your 'boy', but I'm not going to do that.

Anisimov was stupid, and he said as much when he apologized to his teammates after the game. He's just a kid...I'm sure he learned from this.

The schedule gets much harder now...four games in six days, etc. Not going to be easy, but the good news is it's only December 9, in the two months of the season they've already had eight-game and five-game winning streaks, and they have a lot of points in the bank already.

Sandra

Not sure if you can call the Rangers 'stumbling'. As Ranger fans we are stumbling experts...we know it when we see it, because we've seen it a lot. Monday's loss to Toronto was a fantastic game, and last night they lost in a shootout so they still got a point. So they're not stumbling...yet.

You left out Anisimov's ridiculous goal celebration when the Rangers went up 2-1 that fired up the Lightning. I know the thing to do around here is be a homer and defend your 'boy', but I'm not going to do that.

Anisimov was stupid, and he said as much when he apologized to his teammates after the game. He's just a kid...I'm sure he learned from this.

The schedule gets much harder now...four games in six days, etc. Not going to be easy, but the good news is it's only December 9, in the two months of the season they've already had eight-game and five-game winning streaks, and they have a lot of points in the bank already.

Sandra

Hey Sandra good points.

Anisimov was foolish at best. Always act like you have been there before.
Just a dumb bell move on his part. Hope he learns from it.

What concerns me about last nights game was the mental lapse at the end.
Thats the kind of game we would loose last year. I believe the team is better this year.

Yes they did get a point. The way they were dominating last nights game in no
way should Tampa have been allowed to walk away with a win.
If they are going to be contenders this year they have to win games like the one played last night.
Yes, not every night your going to win but last night was theres for the taking right until last minute.

Torontos win I can deal with. Toronto out hustled and out skated our team. Not so sure we match up well against them?
Would like to see the Rangers get them the next time.

No, not all is lost. The Rangers are playing excellent hockey. Finally they have an identity!
Skate well, defend well, great goaltending, not afraid to mix it up when needed. Last but not
least they are finally scoring on power plays! How about that!!!

You're not kidding about the power play...that's been years in the making. Finally we get to hear Sam say 'It's a Power Play goal'! more than every once in a while!

I love how Callahan is playing, but I do think Torts should be playing Avery more. He's been on his best behavior and he busts his butt every second he's on the ice...but as soon as something doesn't go Avery's way he gets benched. I don't get it.

Last night McDonagh had a horrible giveaway in his own zone that resulted in the first Tampa goal, then took a penalty on the next shift. I know they're short defensemen right now, but if Avery had done that he would have been benched for weeks...McDonagh didn't miss a shift.

Speaking of defensemen, it's amazing what they've accomplished so far considering they've been without their All-Star defenseman Marc Staal the entire season!

Sandra

Not this year they haven't. ;)

Sandra

Your on the money. They are doing much better.
Loved the way they handled my adopted hometown Panthers.

I think the Panthers were a bit flat but the Rangers
kept them down.

I can see they are almost at the top of the division.

I really don't like the way Torts is treating Avery.
He flat out does not like him. Bottom line.
Kinda dumb on Torts part. This guy (Avery)
Ignites our team.

I love him!!!
He just agitates the hell out of the other teams.

By the way, not enough Rangers threads here!

Go Rangers!

Your on the money. They are doing much better.
Loved the way they handled my adopted hometown Panthers.

I think the Panthers were a bit flat but the Rangers
kept them down.

I can see they are almost at the top of the division.

I really don't like the way Torts is treating Avery.
He flat out does not like him. Bottom line.
Kinda dumb on Torts part. This guy (Avery)
Ignites our team.

I love him!!!
He just agitates the hell out of the other teams.

By the way, not enough Rangers threads here!

Go Rangers!

There are hockey sites with hundreds of threads about the Rangers...but I think one Ranger thread is enough here LOL.

That was an amazing performance Sunday night against a very good Florida Panther team, my goodness. Florida just couldn't keep up with the pace of play. Incredible.

I agree about Avery, but I do understand wanting Christensen in the lineup for the shootout. Not to worry...unfortunately someone will get hurt, so Avery will get back in the lineup sooner or later.

The defense has been sick, even without two of their best...Staal and Sauer.

This will mean nothing in April (except for the points we're accumulating), but it's fun to watch now!

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)