Rate changes if not installed in time

Snoozer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
It's my understanding that even if I order DISH this weekend and they process charges against my credit card, my rate isn't guaranteed until the installer activates my receiver? I don't understand how can that be if I'm agreeing to a specific contract term and price and they accept my money tomorrow but the installer doesn't show up until the end of next week?

Also, can someone tell me the difference between the VIP 211 and the VIP 211K?

The promotion would be guaranteed up to 30 days from the date you order. So the configuration could not change.

As far as your rate being guaranteed on the programming, Dish doesn't guarantee anything on the programming side of things. They could install tomorrow, price could increase next month and you wouldn't have any price protection.

Directv will on the other hand guarantee the price in the term of the contract, but I think you need to activate on that specific rate for it to remain in effect.

Are you talking about the ongoing package cost each month, or the new fee increases? Whatever discount you sign up for will continue for the contract.
Package cost is $59, your discount is $25, you pay $34.
Package cost increases to $65, your discount $25, you pay $40.

For the fee increases where present customers are protected, I think you had to be installed by the date to be considered a customer.

For the fee increases where present customers are protected, I think you had to be installed by the date to be considered a customer.

That's my main reason for posting. Where did this information come from? I saw it mentioned somewhere in this forum but I couldn't find any reference to an actual "official" announcement giving the details.

What are you asking/looking for not provided? No, there was not correspondence to subs.

activate your equipment by 5/21 or be prepared to accept the higher fees on the Hopper system. The raised fees start the next day on 5/22.

A retailer even posted quite a bit more official documentation towards the latter part of that stickied thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)