Rate increases in the Chattanooga TN market

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
I guess it will be all of Comcast customers nationwide (I guess...) Comcast will start charging a 1.00 fee for RSN. A lot of the video services stay the same. Digital adapters are going up by 1.00 to 2.00 sd or hd. Broadcast TV Fee for locals is going up from 1.50 (I believe) to 3.25. That is a big increase. This begs the question again, Why should everyone pay for RSN's if we don't want them? Also the Broadcast TV Fee is ridiculous to start out with. Limited basic here is 16.95, the digital adapter is 1.00 PLUS 3.25 on top of that, JUST for my local channels. Also DVR fee is going up from 8.00 to 10.00 along with service calls. FYI...

Pretty much every fee is going up here in CT too. I see a fee for RSN's now, but in the fine print (here in CT) it "applies to xfinity tv digital starter and above, xfinity tv 450 latino, and mytv choice get started plus". I'm not sure if my economy is considered higher than starter or not (probably not, as we have zero sport channels). We have the same increase in the Broadcast TV Fee, too.

The wife & I have a bundle, but one of my family members has limited basic with 2 SDTV's, which now adds up to around $30 now for just locals. If it wasn't for the big hill blocking a could channels, they'd definitely drop Comcast.

I read a few others reporting it, so it looks like other markets as well...
https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/r29713086-Bill-Regional-Sports-Fee

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/r29660705-Price-DTA-price-increase-for-2015

If I was in Chattanooga, TN I do know one thing, I wouldn't use Comcast for Internet but rather EPB Fiber Optics! I will take 1Gbps symmetrical for $69.99 please, thank you! ;)
EPB is by far the fastest. Unfortunately, I don't live in the EPB market. My power comes from North Georgia Rural Electric Coop. So that's a no go for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)