Rave-HD: Genesis Invisible Touch - Live at Wembley Stadium 1987 10/22

I wonder if it will be played tonight. Does anyone know if this kind of stuff is stored on a tape that they roll or is it sitting on some massive disk array that they just call up?

I just turned on my TV and is being shown now (7:45 PM PT). I have no idea when it started. As expected, PQ not that great (*since it was filmed on analog HD). However, the sound is great.

Agree. It does not look that great... It is very dark and soft. The sound is great so far. Those lights did not help either.

Walter L. said:
Wow, I'm really impress with the sound. It really feel like being there...

Sound is excellent. I am afraid that a lot of these old concerts were most shot on non 35 mm film and therefore are going to look like this. What a pity? I love to see some old ones like Def Leppard, Quiet Riot, Van Halen, etc.

I caught the last 35min or so. Sounded great. I hope they play it again soon, I'd like to catch the beginning. I'm agreed that the picture was soft and think that I saw some interlacing on some of the fast cuts. Maybe it was just my imagination, but if you have ever played a DVD or an interlaced mpeg or raw dv file on a PC you will know what I am talking about. What would have caused the show to not have run all of the way at 9? Tape problems? Hardware failure?

As for suggestions for other bands, Kansas did a show here in Atlanta at Earthlink specifically for DVD. They invited a bunch of die hard fans to create an audience to give it a more realistic feeling. It was shot on film and would be a good candidate for a neat Rave special. I have the DVD and it is great and could only be better in HD.

It started again. In the beginning it tells you that it was recorded in analog HD as a warning and to expect imperfections.

I liked it even better the second time. This kind of content makes Voom worth every penny. Now if we only had a dvr to record it to...

Sean Mota said:
Sound is excellent. I am afraid that a lot of these old concerts were most shot on non 35 mm film and therefore are going to look like this. What a pity? I love to see some old ones like Def Leppard, Quiet Riot, Van Halen, etc.
There is an excellent Lynyrd Skynyrd concert - The Vicious Cycle Tour - that has been shown on INHD. I wish VOOM could get it for RAVE.

ArnieMc said:
There is an excellent Lynyrd Skynyrd concert - The Vicious Cycle Tour - that has been shown on INHD. I wish VOOM could get it for RAVE.

Thats why I wish we could get INHD, all the good "known" artists are on there. I would love to see The Journey las vegas show in htdv. VH would be nice too. Speaking of. Bad news for VH fans, apparently Eddie is drinking like crazy and not getting along with the band and during a recent interview Sammy said he is happy he got to do the tour to present a "closure" to this era of VH but he would not do anything else with the band unless Eddie cleans up! (This info in on www.melodicrock.com) in case interested...

But getting back Genesis, I have the Video Tape of this show from back then. I think it was one of the first Wide Screen Video's of it's time.

Sorry for getting in a rant about VH.

For those interested there is DVD of this concert. It has excellent DTS and DD 5.1 sound.

Disappointed

As a long time Genesis fan, I was more disappointed with the song selection of this edit than the performance. Not 1 song older than the "Genesis" album with Mama on it. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)