Rave HD Music Videos

z71tahoe193

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 10, 2004
Lubbock, TX
I am not sure how many people watch Rave-HD at 4:30am CT, but it seems to me that these are the same videos that were airing when I signed up a year ago. I realize all of the stuff that is going on might make it hard to obtain some new video rights, but it would be nice to see some new music videos.

Totally agree with this one. I like to watch them while doing cardio on our elliptical machine, and I do the workout every morning from 5AM to 6:30 Mountain time. I've seen them so many times that it is embarrassing. It would be great to see something fresh. But in 10 minutes from now, I'll go watch them for the 300th time.

I know it's been posted before, in many different threads, but I think this really is one of the reasons a lot of people leave after awhile. My wife and I LOVE Rave. Favorite channel, no question. Yesterday I was looking through the upcoming programing on VOOM's site and thought about how much of that stuff we've already seen...it was disappointing. We've watched Glastonburry, and I think in the past few weeks we've seen everything there is to see in the Montreux show...multiple times...

Definetly need some new material put up...

Lob

One need to be realistic about Music Videos. The big boys -- VH1, MTV, FUSE has right to most of them (old and new). I think this is why they have gone the way of the concerts and why VIDEO music in HD, we do not see anywhere else. I am surprised that they were able to get some but I would not count them on getting into a competion with the "big boys". When MTV goes HD this year, we will have plenty. I see RAVE more as a concert HD channel. Be realistic, there's no HD shop where they are selling these products. These may not be even done as far as we know. Then there is how much are you willing to pay for it or why will Fuse (who they also own :) ) or MTV of VH1 be willing to sell those rights if they are planning to go the HD route as well.

Where have we seen any HD Videos other than Rave? Makes you think that the "big boys" are very tight about their product until is ready for HD.

One more thing. I rather see these concerts on Rave than my local PBS station. Local PBS station has no DD5.1 (which is the only way to enjoy these concerts) and the multicasting problem with PBS has become obsecene to the point that there is so much noise that is not worth watching PBS. This is my local problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)