Rave Music Videos Enhanced or Produced for HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I usually do not watch music videos on Rave. But today I stop to watch some and I saw that some were designated at Produced for HD and others were designated as Enhanced for HD. I guess the ones that were enhanced are not "True HD". They (enhanced) lack the details of the produced. I guess this has to do with a lack of music videos produced in HD.

Enhanced looks ok but as detailed as the produced HD. Anyone seeing them and looked at the difference?

Enhanced for HD still look decent like No Doubt's "Hey Baby" but the made for HD definately look crisper and sharper colors.

I really enjoy watching the videos on RAVE. I like the ones that are "enhanced", and the ones that are really just clips from Soundstage or other concerts - but the videos produced in HD really pop. My favorite one is probably "Earthbound" by Rodney Crowell - doubt if I ever woulda heard it anywhere else - and I really like it!

One thing RAVE Video Mix has taught me - it's time for MTV HD! I hardly ever find myself watching SD videos anymore.

There are country videos on Rave I've seen them. I think that if you are a semi-popular group and want some more attention you should produce a video for airing on Rave, you're bound to be noticed by Voomers, also you can just crop and put the video on MTV and it would still look really sharp on SD.

Dvlos said:
There are country videos on Rave I've seen them. I think that if you are a semi-popular group and want some more attention you should produce a video for airing on Rave, you're bound to be noticed by Voomers, also you can just crop and put the video on MTV and it would still look really sharp on SD.

I think that is starting to happen already.

I agree. Although i wish the video's weren't on at like 2 in the morning :( but i've been meaning to ask this question for a while. before voom made the new channel id screens they showed quick clips of videos like smashing pumkins and no doubt and a few other popular bands. I have never seen those. Do they show them? I watched the video block pretty regularly. I agree with that rodney crowel song. I looked and a few weeks ago he was up in winter park woulda been cool to go see.

I've seen No Doubt (enhanced), no Smashing Pumpkins yet.

Love the idea about enhanced 80's videos.

I'd also like to see them add more country... and more hip-hop, and more rock, and more adult contemporary, and more everything. My point is -- get as many videos as you can, even if they're the "enhanced for HD" variety, and you won't hafta rerun the same concerts so frequently. Like most of the Voom Originals, I think they have a pretty good idea with RAVE but could do it much better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)