Red Sox vs. Yankees: Black out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adtoolco

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
Springfield, Massachusetts
I tuned in early to tonights baseball game in hopes I might catch a few pitches. To my surprise a few pitches turned into the complete game :D I thought the game was supposed to be blacked out. Did Voom "mess up" or was there some sort of permission granted? Great game again, the Sox needed this series.

-Chris-

Ben Afleck--what a jerk!

Alright, I have to qualify this post. I'm a Yankees fan. However, they interviewed that tool Ben Afleck (sp?) during the game last night. Not only can he not act but he's also a jerk! I mean, it's ok to be a fan but at least talk like you have a clue. He was talking about the game on Saturday where the Red Sox came back to beat the Yankees in the 9th. He was saying what a great team they've got and they don't give up. Wait a minute, aren't they still 7.5 games back!!?? Aren't they still (barely) a .500 club over the last couple of months!!?? Man, talk about living in your own little world...

Now, if the Red Sox were tied with the Yankees or up by 7.5 games I could understand but be realistic.

Also, what about crying about the umpires. He mentioned how they weren't getting any calls. Sheesh! Is there anything else you want to cry about!!??

Also, complaining about the, "stink," in the seat he had to slum in because it was Steinbrenner's seat!!?? Let's complain because instead of sitting next to one dugout I have to move next to another dugout. It's not like he was sitting in the parking lot! He's such an ass...

I'm a Yankees fan but I also know the Yankees have some problems (like starting pitching). They have a great record but I'm concerned about the playoffs. I'm not bragging about how great they are and complaining about umpires and other things. I know many Red Sox fans and, thankfully, none of them are like this jerk.

Ok, I feel better now. Sorry, I just can't stand him and I hate it when they do those stupid interviews with people who mean nothing to the game or sport. Why not just interview some schmoe off the street? You'd probably get more intelligent responses to the inane questions...

The Rickster

ESPN HD according to the PG is set to air another game in HD tonight.. which is strange their website only lists Sunday night and Wednesday night HD games.

GadgetRick said:
Alright, I have to qualify this post. I'm a Yankees fan. However, they interviewed that tool Ben Afleck (sp?) during the game last night. Not only can he not act but he's also a jerk! I mean, it's ok to be a fan but at least talk like you have a clue. He was talking about the game on Saturday where the Red Sox came back to beat the Yankees in the 9th. He was saying what a great team they've got and they don't give up. Wait a minute, aren't they still 7.5 games back!!?? Aren't they still (barely) a .500 club over the last couple of months!!?? Man, talk about living in your own little world...

Now, if the Red Sox were tied with the Yankees or up by 7.5 games I could understand but be realistic.

Also, what about crying about the umpires. He mentioned how they weren't getting any calls. Sheesh! Is there anything else you want to cry about!!??

Also, complaining about the, "stink," in the seat he had to slum in because it was Steinbrenner's seat!!?? Let's complain because instead of sitting next to one dugout I have to move next to another dugout. It's not like he was sitting in the parking lot! He's such an ass...

I'm a Yankees fan but I also know the Yankees have some problems (like starting pitching). They have a great record but I'm concerned about the playoffs. I'm not bragging about how great they are and complaining about umpires and other things. I know many Red Sox fans and, thankfully, none of them are like this jerk.

Ok, I feel better now. Sorry, I just can't stand him and I hate it when they do those stupid interviews with people who mean nothing to the game or sport. Why not just interview some schmoe off the street? You'd probably get more intelligent responses to the inane questions...

The Rickster

I agree with you completely. Affleck is a tool and nobody nominated him as "talking head" for the Sox. Unfortunatly he's like Jack with the Lakers and Spike Lee with the Knicks. They're all a bunch of tools.

-Chris-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)