RC 65 remote headache

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
OK I'm a DirecTV newbie but had Dish network for 10 years. Not familiar with these remotes at all. Had a fresh install last night when the guy left everything worked great. This Am I wake up and I can't get the remote to work on my one receiver. The switch on the top is all the way to the left. I can only turn the receiver on and off none of the features work. It will turn on my TV as well but none of the receiver functions work on the remote. If it flip the switch all the way to the right I can use the remote to change my TV channels and volume etc.. Flip it back to the left and nothing I'm stuck on one channel. all the buttons work on the receiver but not from the remote. The receiver is a D12-100 what am I missing? The user manual sucks. need some help guys/gals. :)

Also best place to buy an extra remote like this other then E-bay. I have this receiver split to a TV in my basement so need a remote for down there as well. Thx again.

okay tried that pulled out the car and unplugged it for 5 minutes and rebooted it same thing.. I also did a remote reset that I found in the user guide pushing the mute and select then punching in the # Now the TV side doesn't work and still I can only turn it on and off. what am I missing.. As I'm typing this I just though I wounder if this remote is in IR only is that possable. The receiver is in a different room then the TV I'm running? This has to be an UHF and IR both? It worked last night now nothing..
One other newbie question I want to move the receivers around in the house can I just swap out the receivers and the whole house "shared" libary still work. I want to put this SD receiver upstairs and my HD receiver in it place and vise versa.. Sorry for such a dumb question but I just don't know if it's that simple or not... Again thanks in advance...

alright second time was the charm. got it working and now I'm good to go sort of. I didn't relaize a few things on this install. This receiver is not a UHF one :( and it doesn't share the whole house system? It's not what I bargoned for. I have this equipment. h24-100 hr24-500 hr24-200 d12-100. The d12 Unit is pretty much usless to me where it is and what I really want to use it for. I think I need another h24-100 receiver so I can be in another room and change channels and watch recorded shows from either one of the HR units??? IS there a better option out there? Any help please guys and gals....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)