RC65R remote and RF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lemmerdeur

Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
sonora, mexico
Hello,
I have been reading and searching for a week and still didn't find an answer.
I have a R15 receiver, a Toshiba HD TV and 2 RF remotes, RC65R and RC65RBK.
I would like to have both remote working with the receiver and the TV in RF mode.
The remote are working fine in IR mode but when I program one of them for RF with the DVR menu, it works fine with the DVR but doesn't work any more with the TV when in Directv mode (will not turn on or off with the receiver) Also, I can't figure out how to program the second remote as it doesn't work any more in IF. If the remote in RF mode can't operate the TV, can the second remote be used in IF mode?
Thank you in advance.

First I suggest you try tv code 10765 for the Toshiba.

Once you have the receiver and one of the rf remotes in RF mode, ;eave them alone and do the following on the second RF remote:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT

The R15 and R16 are the only receivers able to accept both RF & IR remote at the same time. But not if you enable the rf mode through the menu, because once it is enable through the menu its RF only.

So to get it to accept both, you first have to put the receiver back into IR mode, once it is do a red button reset, when it comes back to live tv it will accept both IR & RF remotes, thats if you have RF antenna attached to the receiver.

When you say the red button, it is on the receiver behind the door?
Do I have to program only one remote to RF with the receiver and leave the other one in IR mode then press the red button reset. (antenna is attached)

code 10765 for the Toshiba is the one I am using. Tv works with remote in IR not in RF except volume.

Edmund wrote: So to get it to accept both, you first have to put the receiver back into IR mode, once it is do a red button reset, when it comes back to live tv it will accept both IR & RF remotes, thats if you have RF antenna attached to the receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts