Please reply by conversation.

okaydave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Can anyone recommend one of the following:

RCA 210 or Sony 300 or Samsung 360

boba said:
I can recommend all three plus the HTL-HD they all work. What do you really want to know?

The dealer that I am going through has the Samsung and the RCA as the same price and the Sony is a $200 upcharge.

Do any of them produce a better SD or HD picture?

okaydave said:
The dealer that I am going through has the Samsung and the RCA as the same price and the Sony is a $200 upcharge.

Do any of them produce a better SD or HD picture?
Dave you have a lot of questions posted so you are doing your homework before purchasing. If your dealer carries the three receivers play with them in his showroom and make your decision based on what you like. I can't make the decision for you, you are the person who has to be happy. How do the remotes fit your hand is the operating system easy to use for you. Of the three you list I would go for the RCA-DTC210 I have one in my showroom and it has the features for the price "I" liked. Sony is made in Korea for them and I think it is overpriced but it is a SONY. Samsung TS-360 is reported to be prone to overheating when placed in a cabinet I haven't used one in those circumstances so I can't say that is true. Personally I own a HUGHES E-86 and a HUGHES HTL-HD both are satisfactory but the E-86 also does not like cabinets. It is a personal decision that you will have to make, your combination of TV and Receiver and method of connection will determine picture quality not just 1 component. A local dealer can tell you more about OTA reception than I can that will also affect how much HDTV you will have available to you. :) :) :)

I have 2 of the Sony HD300, much better than the Samsung 165 or the 360 I had before, check them all out go with the one you like the best. Sony is best for me even at higher cost, but then all my equipment except TV is Sony.

The LG HD LSS-3200A is a great unit as well. It is the factory build for the Sony and Zenith units as I have read it. The firmware/software, ergonomics, and remotes and different. I have also read that the sensativity of the LG and Sony are best in class.

RCA210 Problems

DirecTV provided the RCA210 when I upgraded to HDTV. In HD mode, there is a timing issue which shows up as a one pixel shift on a horizontal line 50/50 on the screen. The distortion is annoying. DirecTV refused to send me the SONY HD300 unit, but will be receiving the Samsung 360 unit. I'm hoping this will fix the problem.

Directv no longer carries the sony.

the sony is discontined no longer in production,
and directv will not support in the future as directv will have their recievers branded by directv.

Directv currently supports RCA DTC 210, samsung SIR-TS360, and HUGHES HTL-HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)