This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

RCA Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.
yes. .if you were already getting your locals through D,you will continue to do so.

The more I think about it, the less I'm convinced that I am right about the OP question.
They didn't say what the RCA model number was, but most of the old boxes had OTA pass thru's, not tuners.
The D* signal IS digital, but the OTA signal is analog, unless the box has a digital tuner in it, like the H series, the old RCA's I doubt they had anything better than a analog tuner, if that.

Jimbo

I am not aware of any Directv receivers which had analog OTA tuners. The RCA I had certainly did not. I suspect that the only reason that the early HD receivers had tuners was that a lot of the early TVs were "HD-ready" without any tuner.

They didn't say what the RCA model number was, but most of the old boxes had OTA pass thru's, not tuners.

Jimbo

correct. i took a glance at a few of the old rca boxes to help the OP and none had OTA tuners.

correct. i took a glance at a few of the old rca boxes to help the OP and none had OTA tuners.

They had the OTA connection to serve as a pass thru from what I remember.
The H series , early anyways, My H10, had both analog and digital tuners in them, from what I can remember, I know I could tune to the analog channel, maybe it didn't have a digital tuner in it, but I think it did, it's been a long time since I used it.

Jimbo

Will my old RCA-- D* Boxes still receive my local channels after the digital changeover?

These guys are making a lot of assumptions without asking the right questions. Do you or did you ever pay D* for local channels? If that answer is yes, then you should be good. SD locals over the satellite are not going away on 2/17/09.

They just not might be available via the old RCA boxes as only a few select markets had locals available on the RCA boxes; Chicago was one of them in the 900's.

These guys are making a lot of assumptions without asking the right questions. Do you or did you ever pay D* for local channels? If that answer is yes, then you should be good. SD locals over the satellite are not going away on 2/17/09.

that's what I said in my 2nd post. if he was already getting his locals through D he had nothing to worry about.the op still hasn't posted more info so we can help him

They just not might be available via the old RCA boxes as only a few select markets had locals available on the RCA boxes; Chicago was one of them in the 900's.

There were a lot of locals available to those old boxes, mainly in the 8 and 900's, later they were re assigned to the normal 1-99 channel location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.