RCA HD Receiver HRLP!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sjcn4ne

Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
RCA DTC210 won't control Sony VCR

New RCA reciever, will not control Sony or JVC VCR. Will operate junk Synphonic VCR. Any ideas?

What Sony model? Try one of these codes for Sony 2004, 2098, 2099, 2119 or 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018, 2111, 2123 for JVC and let us know.

RCA HD Receiver HELP!

RCA DTC 210 HD Receiver will not control the VCR. Have tried Sony, Mitsubshi, JVC and Synphonic. Only the Synphonic passed the VCR Setup.

RCA DTC 210 HD Receiver.
VCR Setup in this receiver does not use codes - select mfgr, then a number (1-8). Am using the same IR emitter with all equment and only the Synphonic (piece of junk) works. Sony SLV-799 HF, JVC HR-s2902u, Mitsubishi HS-u748 do not respond to any of the IR codes included in the VCR Setup.

hmm? I didn't see you specify IR usage so I went on the most popular question remote code usage. Now that we have that info I will se what I can dig up.

Double check to make sure that the RCA's VCR control cables is plugged into the VCR control port (right above the S-video jack) and NOT the similar IR input port (in the middle next to the DTV output selector). Also check to make sure you have the VCR control emitter directly over the IR sensor of the VCR. If the other VCR works then I assume you are in the correct port, but maybe the IR sensor is off or weak? I have a 6 year old Sony VHS that works fine with all 3 brands of my D* receivers; they have use the same codes for years.

Everything is connected properly. I can control the Synphonic dual VCR/DVD (piece of junk). Have tried Direct TV support, they referred me to RCA who referred me to Thomson. They tell me "tough luck, don't bother us" They say they do not know what equipment their products support.
I think the RCA is defective or does not have the codes installed. The Sony is a few years old so maybe not supported. I bought the JVC new and exchanged it for the Mitsubishi when it also did not work. I cannot believe they would sell a receiver which does not support three of the major brands but supports Synphonic.

Where did you get the receiver? Did you buy it from Directv, eBay or a retailer? If you got it from Directv call and tell the CSR your problem and ask if they will send you one of the new Directv universal remotes (the newer black & white one, not the older blue one). This is a universal remote which should replace your RCA control and operate your other equipmnet as well.

Problem is not with the remote. Back of receiver has an IR output. Plug in a IR emitter and stivk to front of VCR, go into VCR Setup on the receiver, Select equipment. Now receiver is supposed to control VCR.

Just curious if sjcn4ne was able to get this issue resolved. I have the exact same issue with the RCA DTC210 VCR control for a Sony SLV-N80 VCR. No matter which Sony code I select, I cannot get the DTC210 to turn on the VCR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)