Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, PVA: Professional Video Alliance
Original poster
Corporate Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 13, 2003
New England
This is a great set (but requires calibration to be optomized). Are you guys going to be selling the combo? Is this the February promotion???

Pricing is $1599??

Regards

Gregg

Gregg, I don't believe we are going to carry this combo because of the costs of shipping the units plus the fact that many units have been reported damaged in transit.

I have thought about getting one for my bedroom though. :)

Argh, never thought about that. I was thinking you would be able to have Dish drop ship them directly to the client.

Regards

Gregg

hi

I could order through anybody and if JVC rebrands the TV (as with the PVR) I could even buy directly from JVC...

but then Id not be supporting Satelliteguys would I ?? :)

regards

Gregg

Gregg Loewen said:
hi

I could order through anybody and if JVC rebrands the TV (as with the PVR) I could even buy directly from JVC...

but then Id not be supporting Satelliteguys would I ?? :)

regards

Gregg
Well......., you could always buy the package elsewhere, since DishStore doesn't sell it anyway, and then to alleviate any pangs of guilt you may feel you could donate and become a supporter/ Pub member here and it would be a win-win situation for all involved, hehehe. ;) ;)

Gregg Loewen said:
you happy now?
Hey Gregg, thanks for caring! :D Good to have you aboard. I'm sure your presence will be a great boon to us all!!
Have you gotten your PUB secret decoder ring yet? :)

hi guys

Despite me actually seeing a flyer while at CES that advertised the HD Tube / 921 combo for 1599, the dish CR person just told me there is no such promotion. I was also told that if I wanted a 921 that I had to go through a retailer and not directly from Dish. I dont have a problem going through a retailer for the 921 BUT I am really wanting the 34" HD set for 599 extra. Does anybody have any suggestions for me? Am I just talking with the wrong people at Dish?

Gregg there is a special number like 800-WOW-HDTV to get in on that deal.

Sometimes you need to play telephone roulette to get a CSR who knows their ass from their elbows. :)

Of course if you fired off a note to ceo@echostar.com and told them you wanted the package they would take care of you as well. :)

1 800 says they are not offering it as the 921 is not available from them...Ill now send an email to the CEO.

I have been through this with several customers and I just can't offer this package to our customers online. The problem is that Dish will only ship Televisions to my Primary business location and will not drop ship directly to the customers home.

The problem is that there is not enough markup on this product to begin with and second of all we are paying for Freight Twice!!!!!

Seriously we would love to have your business, but your better seeing a local retailer.

Heres a perfect example if you live in California.....

If you buy from me, the Tv ships from Chicago to Detroit, and then From Detroit to California.

If you buy from a local retailer in California, the Tv ships from Sacaremento to the retailers store, and then the retailer drops off the Tv to you on his truck.

I am also being repeatedly told by Dish at various locations (main number, WOW-HDTV number, ceo email, and so on) that 921s are simply not available except through retailers -- period. Including any HDTV w/ 921 deal.

When someone DOES know about the HDTV w/ 921 deal for existing customers -- they tell me that I have to go through a local retailer. When I try to do that (calling over a dozen of my "nearest" retailers), I get told that either the deal doesn't exist, or that they won't sell it to existing customers because they don't make enough money.

Very annoying.

Claude -- or anyone else -- is there any "part number" or anything that I could give to the locals that can't seem to find anything about this deal to tell them what to order? Ignoring the ones that just WON'T sell it to me, I'm hoping that if I give one of the other retailers enough information (i.e. how to order it for existing customers for $1599), then one of them will finally do it.

Any help that anyone can give on that? Thanks!

- John...

jgoggan said:
I am also being repeatedly told by Dish at various locations (main number, WOW-HDTV number, ceo email, and so on) that 921s are simply not available except through retailers -- period. Including any HDTV w/ 921 deal.

When someone DOES know about the HDTV w/ 921 deal for existing customers -- they tell me that I have to go through a local retailer. When I try to do that (calling over a dozen of my "nearest" retailers), I get told that either the deal doesn't exist, or that they won't sell it to existing customers because they don't make enough money.

Very annoying.

Claude -- or anyone else -- is there any "part number" or anything that I could give to the locals that can't seem to find anything about this deal to tell them what to order? Ignoring the ones that just WON'T sell it to me, I'm hoping that if I give one of the other retailers enough information (i.e. how to order it for existing customers for $1599), then one of them will finally do it.

Any help that anyone can give on that? Thanks!

- John...

At 1-800-WOW-HDTV they tell me that the deal is coming, but that no part number has been issued for it yet. They have a description of the deal, prices... but you can't order it.

As well, no time frame either.

I continue to ping them on this, via telephone & email. Maybe something will shake loose soon.

Pat

Patrick said:
At 1-800-WOW-HDTV they tell me that the deal is coming, but that no part number has been issued for it yet. They have a description of the deal, prices... but you can't order it.

As well, no time frame either.

I continue to ping them on this, via telephone & email. Maybe something will shake loose soon.

Pat

You are correct. There is currently NO way to get a 921 with the HDTV set for $1599 as an existing customer. Currently, that price point is ONLY for new customers.

They may be working on an existing customer deal for in the future, but for now, you are looking at at least 2 grand.

One option would be to take the HD in a box deal for $999 and get a 921 for $999, and then sell the 811 for $400 to make up the difference. You should be able to get at least $400 on eBay for the 811. That would make your total cost $1599 for a 921 and the HDTV.

Mainstreet said:
You are correct. There is currently NO way to get a 921 with the HDTV set for $1599 as an existing customer. Currently, that price point is ONLY for new customers.

Agreed -- I just wish would quit advertising/announcing it as available to existing subscribers too and then giving them no way to order it.

Plus, they keep telling me things like "that'll be available in 7-14 days for existing customers -- it's just a matter of the retailers getting the new info we're going to fax out tomorrow" -- and then nothing ever becomes of it.

One option would be to take the HD in a box deal for $999 and get a 921 for $999, and then sell the 811 for $400 to make up the difference. You should be able to get at least $400 on eBay for the 811. That would make your total cost $1599 for a 921 and the HDTV.

True, true. I already have an 811 under the $199 deal though. I wonder if they'd allow me to do the $999 HDTV w/ 811 deal (previously, they had told me that I couldn't even buy another 811 if I wanted to under any "special offer"). But, maybe that would work with the in-a-box special. I might give that a go...

- John...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts