RCA output on ViP211z - format/aspect ratio options

przywara

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 28, 2009
Delaware
Is the output on the 211z limited to letterbox? On an HD channel like ESPN, changes to aspect ratio have no effect (menu, 6, 7). Changes to format are only Normal, Zoom, Partial-Zoom (page down), which expand vertically, but center-cut the content. The HD format changes have no effect (page up). On the SD version of ESPN, the SD format options are locked to Normal, which is letterboxed.

I called Dish, and after 1:45 on the phone, we opened a feedback ticket, but that is all we could learn. I feel bad that Dish support has no access to engineering for what appears to be a simple question.

Any experience with RCA connected format changes?

Is the output on the 211z limited to letterbox? On an HD channel like ESPN, changes to aspect ratio have no effect (menu, 6, 7). Changes to format are only Normal, Zoom, Partial-Zoom (page down), which expand vertically, but center-cut the content. The HD format changes have no effect (page up). On the SD version of ESPN, the SD format options are locked to Normal, which is letterboxed.

I called Dish, and after 1:45 on the phone, we opened a feedback ticket, but that is all we could learn. I feel bad that Dish support has no access to engineering for what appears to be a simple question.

Any experience with RCA connected format changes?

The RCA output is indeed letterboxed for all the A/V output as you've found out. It's that way on all modern DISH receivers.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts