[Other Topic] RD still alive on Facebook....for now

JSB, I see your post on Facebook but there's no link. It just says, "Or post your ideas here as RD is as dead as the link above," but there's no reference to where. Maybe it's because I don't have a Facebook account?

I was hoping people from the rd forums would start showing up here by now. Is there anything else that could be done to make that happen? I wonder if it's that people don't know about the site or are they lurking but not posting -- maybe waiting for others to break the ice. Would it help for those of us who are here to start a few more topics?

The traffic here is up since RD went down, just people are not posting.

Please let me know what I can do to help people feel more at home and post. :)

I was hoping people from the rd forums would start showing up here by now. Is there anything else that could be done to make that happen? I wonder if it's that people don't know about the site or are they lurking but not posting -- maybe waiting for others to break the ice. Would it help for those of us who are here to start a few more topics?

You have a little competition from RadioInsight.com. They were with Radio-Info long ago, so there's a history there. It's very important to get RD's database if it still exists.

The traffic here is up since RD went down, just people are not posting.

Please let me know what I can do to help people feel more at home and post. :)

There were so many posts on RD that it was easy to continue topics, start new ones based on previous ones, etc. Without there being regional boards it may feel a bit odd posting something out of the blue about radio in any region for example. Understandable that you as site owner would also want to wait and see before creating regional boards with no posts or that remain empty. Not sure what the answer is but I will be checking this site often and start a post when I have a topic to start.
If enough people find the site I would assume it will happen.

Also after the demise of RD I started looking for an alternative radio boards site and your site doesn't come up with any search engine since you're under satellite. RadioInsight does and also some regional boards but for this site to get more traffic from RD refugees maybe there could be some way that you can link key words under "radio discussions" or "radio boards" to your site. I would have never thought to come over hear on my own to talk about radio. I only did because I saw a post on Radio Insight about it!
thanks for being here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts