Re-aiming Bell Dish After Roofing Job

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I'm about to get my house roof re shingled and contacted BellExpress Vu who said they could schedule an Installer to re calibrate the Dish the day after the shingles are done for a $75.00 charge. Now the Roofer has agreed to remount the Dish once the job is done. I have a ladder to climb the roof, but one of my knees requires surgery. Is there an easy way to re-aim & set up the Bell Dish possibly with the Roofer?

Let me get this right?

You have a bad knee. You just had your roof re-shingled. Now you want to punch holes into a roof that most likely has a guarantee, making that null and void. You spent how much on the Roof. Now you want to save $75.? Did I miss anything.?

Good God man, spend the $75, get the Bell Tech to locate this Dish somewhere else. You end up with no knee problems, you still have the Roof guarantee and you get a 90 day warranty on the Dish installation.......

Let me get this right?

You have a bad knee. You just had your roof re-shingled. Now you want to punch holes into a roof that most likely has a guarantee, making that null and void. You spent how much on the Roof. Now you want to save $75.? Did I miss anything.?

Good God man, spend the $75, get the Bell Tech to locate this Dish somewhere else. You end up with no knee problems, you still have the Roof guarantee and you get a 90 day warranty on the Dish installation.......

Slartibartfarst, the roof is Not done yet, I am in the process of getting Quotations, and EVERY Single Roofer has it written in their Quotation that they will Remove My Bell Dish and Reinstall it. No one has stated reinstalling the Bell Dish onto the East Peak of the Roof (where it has been for 6 Years) will void any type of their Guarantee - in fact its written into the Estimate. My 1 Meter Dish on the Roof is coming down for free, and I agree that this Dish should never have been installed up there, that Dish belongs on a Ground Mount like my 12 Ft Mesh Dish, but I don't expect a Small Bell Dish mounted on the Roof with felt or tar tipped waterproof screws as before will not cause me any problems. And I will schedule Bell for the Final Lineup. Thanks for the reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)