Re-aligning dish after a storm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

underscore

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
My dish got blown off kilter last night (no idea how, highest wind was only 22mph). DirecTV's little video thing of realigning it doesn't seem too hard.

Have others had success realigning a dish themselves?

I have the 5-LMB one

I had to tweak my own since the free installs do not generally have the proper meters (which should be used on AT9 or AU9 5 LNB dish). With the 5 LNB Dish it needs to be precise and is much harder than the older dish to align properly, the beams on the newer satellites are not as broad. It took me some time to get mine tweaked and high 90's on all 5, so if you have the patience you certainly can try, but it's not easy.

If you have the protection plan, DirecTV will come out and fix it for free. Saving you the headache.

Apparently the installer never tightened the nuts keeping the azimuth setting. I could turn them with my fingers. It was about 15 degrees off.

I just turned the TV up loud with the signal meter on and listened to it through the window as I adjusted it.

Who knew I'd have a use for the compass that has sat around my respective apartments/houses through the years.

And who knew when I'd need to use it, it wouldn't work :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts