Please reply by conversation.

armadillo_115

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 10, 2015
Virginia
For some reason I can't post a reply on that thread.Just wanted to add:

Cool post!
I wonder if the various dish manufacturers realized that many of their dishes would still be functional 30+ years later?

Of course,everything wasn't built to throw away like it is nowadays.Heck,we even have automobiles that are practically throw away items.Different world we live in.

Reactions: FTA4PA
A mesh dish with polar mount and no electronics installed in the 80's retailed at $1000 for a cheap design and $3000+ for a better design. Calculating for inflation cost in 2016, the cheapest dish would cost in $2200 and a better dish $6700+.

Quality (non-disposable) dishes are still available at this or better prices. If you are willing to pay for comparable quality, you can likely expect similar lifespan. I am quite happy to refurb a legacy dish and save $3k! :D

Strange, everything looks ok.

Yeah,weird.I tried last night and today.When I'd click 'Post Reply' nothing would happen.Possibly just a glitch on my end.Nothing worth worrying about.

Heck...I may even have a sticky key on the keyboard. Humidity is so bad around here the last several days.

Same here -- couldn't reply either. I thought I lost my posting privileges. :imconfused

Anyway, nice find on that old Birdview ad!

I wonder if the various dish manufacturers realized that many of their dishes would still be functional 30+ years later?...

Mine is. Probably because it was made in the USA.

Paid $25 for it about a year ago (less receiver). The motor still works great after 30 years. I just had to replace the LNBF supports and make a magnet wheel reed switch assembly.

EDIT: OK, this is really getting strange. I just went to view the original Birdview thread where I couldn't post, then I clicked 'Log Out' at the top of the screen. I could not log out with that thread displayed!

When I click on the image nothing happens. Of course 2.4Mb is much too large for a single posted image. Perhaps if it was a compressed JPG it would work.

Reactions: lfp302
I can't post on that thread so I'll post the reply here.

The dish in that adv appears to be an uplink dish.

Just tried again...still can't post on that one thread.

I have noticed before when starting a reply and then not posting it for whatever reason: If I leave the thread and come back to it later ... the message I had started typing before will remain at the bottom.I have often came back and finished my reply and THEN posted it with no problem.(Kinda handy if you have to leave for some reason.) In this case it no longer shows at the bottom.

I'm glad I'm not the only 1 with the problem...I'd be thinking I was losing my mind or something.lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts