RE: "Recording Space Low" Message

soundtechchick

Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
I have neglected to manage my new DVR and I had set everything to "keep until i erase", so now the recording space is low. It's so low that when I hit the green "list" button, it's accesses the recorded list for a split second and then gives me a message stating "recording space low", but it won't allow me to access the list to delete anything. Does anybody have any experience with this problem or have any suggestions. At this point I don't care if I have to erase the entire drive, that's fine, I just don't know how to do so without accessing the list. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

Soundtechchick

haha well...thats a first lol, it should really allow u to enter the list and erase stuff, which really means that it might be a bad box ...
Only thing I would try is doing a hard reboot (unplug power from the back, wait for 10-15 secs) Wait for the clock to come back on and press power.

I've had a hard reboot fix alot of problems...so u never know

If that doesn't help, you'll need a new box. You can either drop by the office or call a service tech for a swap.... just tell them it doesn't record

That is just hilarious. And stupid. It is really strange why the DVR software has so many quirks after all these years. I don't think DVR manufacturers really have their act together.

Kind of like a jump school that won't issue you a parachute until after your first qualification jump!

Hi,

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but it's worth a try...... If it is a Scientific Atlanta box, you should be able to perform these steps and delete all your shows:

* Hold down the pause key on the remote until the message indicator light on the front of the box starts flashing

*press the Page (+) key on your remote

*Then, press the "List" key on your remote three times.

it will take a minute, but the box will reboot and your shows will be cleared

Hope this helps, let me know!

Last edited:
I'd try the unplug reset first before deleting everything.

However, I seem to remember that once it gets close to full....it is very agressive that you must delete something - although it did let you delete it - at least with the SARA Software even years ago.

please clarify for me? if he doesn't delete programs soon....won't the box start deleting even saved programs at will? i have had this problem before.

i think i would try a hard reboot first, as others have suggested. hopefully that will solve the problem. you could always ask bhn to reset at there end. but you would lose stored programs.

please, let us know the outcome!!

The box if working right should automaitcly delete stuff. However I think he may have chose "Save until manually erased" option so it doenst delete those programs...