Reactivating service questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Domf3962

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
I will be reacticvating my service at some point this week. I do have some questions before I activate I am sure can be answered here.

1. I have one HD receiver model HR10-250. I live in philly market. Do i need to upgrade to the H-20 any time soon. I noticed my neighbor had Directtv installed with HD service and they installed a 5 lnb dish on his roof with a H20 Receiver.

2. If i do need to upgrade. Does dtv have upgrade offers. Will i get any money towards an new reciever.

3. I did not ask my neighbor but cani receive all of my locals via the 5 lnb or will I need an OTA also.

4. Last question. will I be able to get my cable stations fed through the H20 receiver. If not will I be able to run my cable line to the back of my tv to view my local comcast station here. Will i be able to view these cable stations via input button on my dtv reomte.

Thanks if any one can help that would be great.

Domf3962 said:
I will be reacticvating my service at some point this week. I do have some questions before I activate I am sure can be answered here.

1. I have one HD receiver model HR10-250. I live in philly market. Do i need to upgrade to the H-20 any time soon. I noticed my neighbor had Directtv installed with HD service and they installed a 5 lnb dish on his roof with a H20 Receiver.

no need to upgrade soon as mpeg2 is going to be here at least another year in most estimations, although you wont be able to receive any of the new hd mpeg4 channels although there are none yet

2. If i do need to upgrade. Does dtv have upgrade offers. Will i get any money towards an new reciever.

everyone that answers here has a different deal they received, although i called before the lease program started i was treated very well, who knows what today will bring

3. I did not ask my neighbor but cani receive all of my locals via the 5 lnb or will I need an OTA also.

only 3 ,6, 10 and 29 are hd thru directv no pbs 17 or 57 as of yet

4. Last question. will I be able to get my cable stations fed through the H20 receiver. If not will I be able to run my cable line to the back of my tv to view my local comcast station here. Will i be able to view these cable stations via input button on my dtv reomte.

can not run cable thru h20, cable run to back of tv and as long as tv is compatible ditrectv remote will change input

Thanks if any one can help that would be great.
good luck

Domf3962 said:
1. I have one HD receiver model HR10-250. I live in philly market. Do i need to upgrade to the H-20 any time soon.
Only if you want to get your locals via satellite. If you go OTA then HR10 is fine.

Yes they have offers. Check around for what they are.

You should be able to get the four networks via the 5LNB (check DirecTVs site for exact stations). OTA is needed for anything else.

4. Last question. will I be able to get my cable stations fed through the H20 receiver.
No.
If not will I be able to run my cable line to the back of my tv to view my local comcast station here.
If you can run coax to TV now, you will be able to do so when your DirecTV receiver is hooked up - presumably you will be using some sort of HDTV input with that (DVI or HDMI?)
Will i be able to view these cable stations via input button on my dtv reomte.
I don't know.

Thanks if any one can help that would be great.[/QUOTE]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)