READ FIRST... Cutting Edge Risks and Guidelines

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
  • The point of doing an CE version is to test it and provide feedback to other users and DirecTV to improve the product. So far our feedback has helped make DirecTV receivers better.
  • If you see something strange from an CE (ie a bug) REPORT IT at Satellite Guys in the specific receiver threads. Folks from DirecTV are watching closely.
  • Also report it if someone else has reported it, the more people that report an issue the better they know how widespread an issue is.
  • As the downloads are test versions, there are no guarantees that it will work properly or not cause an issue with the normal use of your receiver.
  • Do not contact DirecTV directly. The first level CSR's are not aware of the latest CE versions and can NOT help you with your issue. Report your issue at Satellite Guys only.
  • Some of the releases make major modifications to your receiver and can not be easily reverted back to the national release version.
  • Only download an CE version if you aware of the risks and willing to provide feedback.
  • Here's the most important point. Have fun. Isn't that what life is all about!

Cutting Edge is simply a release of firmware that has been internally tested and released early, that others are trying to take credit for. Basically DirecTV is letting you have it earlier than the average Joe, it adds features early for those who cannot wait. It isn't arranged by certain websites whom try to take credit.
:eek::eureka

Cutting Edge is simply a release of firmware that has been internally tested and released early, that others are trying to take credit for. Basically DirecTV is letting you have it earlier than the average Joe, it adds features early for those who cannot wait. It isn't arranged by certain websites whom try to take credit.

Please show us where someone is taking credit for the CE program.

This is a cross-post from your reply in the"Listen Up!" thread - word for word.

Why did you feel the need to post in a thread that has not had a reply in five months, saying the same thing in another thread?

Are you purposely trying to incite?

Are you truly that ignorant of the purpose of the CE program?

Yes, by downloading a CE release users may get features early, but that is NOT why DIRECTV releases it. It's not intended for the "average Joe" by ANY stretch of the imagination! It's intended for mature individuals who truly understand the risks involved with running test software and who are willing and committed to report their findings for DIRECTV to review.

It's not to get "new stuff" early - and if that's why you're downloading the CE release, then you have no business posting anything about the CE program or the software.

You already know the sites and the answer. :D

Of course I know the site you are talking about. I want you to show me where they are taking credit for the CE program. Put up or shut up.

I think we all know what JPN is talking about, but lets not go there this weekend, its Christmas.

Earl worked hard to build that up, however in saying that while I can't say too much yet, expect some changes in the CE program in the new year and SatelliteGuys will be much more involved with the CE process and is working directly with DirecTV to make this possible.

Stay Tuned and Merry Christmas to all!

I think we all know what JPN is talking about, but lets not go there this weekend, its Christmas.

Earl worked hard to build that up, however in saying that while I can't say too much yet, expect some changes in the CE program in the new year and SatelliteGuys will be much more involved with the CE process and is working directly with DirecTV to make this possible.

Stay Tuned and Merry Christmas to all!

Thank you Scott,
I am glad that this site will become an active part of this process soon.

Jimbo

If I try the CE but it causes too many troubles for me is it fairly easy to go back to release version?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)