Read remote code

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
Is there a way to find out what code a dish remote is using?For example,I have a dish 6.4 remote,it works with our LG tv very nicely.Problem is it was originally programmed for a Vizio tv.I have no idea what the code number is that its using.I'm trying to set up a 5.0 remote for the tv,with the same code.I have tried numerous vizio and lg codes,as well as trying the find manually (power,up to cycle through codes).Several codes work the tv but,none give as much control as the code with the 6.4.The 6.4 is able to use the tv/video button to select the inputs on the LG.I've had some universal remotes in the past that you could find out what code it was using,my search on that topic for dish remotes has turned up very little.

I haven't found a good code that will change inputs on a Vizio. The 6.4 and 5.0 have different codes, so some 6.4 codes will not work with 5.0. Best bet is to order a 21.0 and use the "learn" feature.

Edit: to read the code from the other remote
Hold TV until lights blink
Hit ##
Count the blinks

I haven't found a good code that will change inputs on a Vizio. The 6.4 and 5.0 have different codes, so some 6.4 codes will not work with 5.0. Best bet is to order a 21.0 and use the "learn" feature.

Edit: to read the code from the other remote
Hold TV until lights blink
Hit ##
Count the blinks

Thanks for your very helpful post jackhawk.Read the code,the 6.4 is using 766 for tv,the 5.0 won't accept that code.I think I have another remote around here somewhere I'll see what model it is.If no dice the 21.0 it is.

btw how did you find that info?I tried several searches couldn't find diddly squat.

BTW a quick flash = 0
did you try to scan for a code for the vizio?

Yea I sure did,as jackhawk pointed out,the 5.0 doesn't accept some of the codes as the 6.4.That was the issue.I found an old 8.0 uhf pro remote in my misc.remote drawer,gonna see if it will accept 766.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts