Reading Out TV code From a 20.0 Remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BamaFan2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 6, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I’ve got a 20.0 IR remote connected to a VP211K receiver. No Smart Wizard on the VP211K. Uses blinking LEDs to control the procedure for entering a TV code.

The remote currently controls the Bravia KDL32EX-710 but I don’t know what code it has. I’ve got the list of possible codes.

I remember that there was a procedure to read out the current code without changing it. I can not locate the instructions for it.

Can anyone help?

Try this: Press and hold the Mode button until all the Mode buttons light up. When you release the Mode button, the selected Mode button will flash. Press the POUND (#) button twice. The Mode button will flash a number of times corresponding to the value of the stored device code.
I've always wondered how to do this, thanks!

Thanks, Tony.
This did the trick. I’ve made a note of it for next time.
The code I got back was 511 (checked twice). I think this is a generic code.
Now I can look for a better one..
I’l start with 500, as suggested by Hipkat. Dish lists 500 as the 2nd most succesful Sony code.
FYI, 781 is number 1 with 79% of Sony TVs for 12044 successful uses.
Regards, Gary

Thanks, Tony.
I’l start with 500, as suggested by Hipkat. Dish lists 500 as the 2nd most succesful Sony code.
Regards, Gary
A zero is indicated by a very quick flash. So, if you saw five slow blinks, followed by two quick flashes, that was 500. I know, because that is the code I use for my Sony TV's.

Thanks crodrules
I assumed that one flash was a one. Got to differentiate between quick and regular flashes.
I actually have code 500.
Hard to find info on older technologies. I’m running a Hopper 3 with 4K joeys at home. I’m on vacation at the moment.
Regards, Gary

Reactions: pattykay
Thanks, Tony.
Regards, Gary
For Samsung, it's 858, which is so far down the list, it;s hard to find, but it works everytime

That one is good for just Visio. The 505 will work for anything that shares components with Vizio. 505 is my “universal” code. I believe it will work with Sony and LG as well.

Reactions: BamaFan2
OK, next TV, this is the last TV (for a while).

A new Philips series 3000 24” flat screen. I’ve tried 500, 505, 1756, 2051, the top ten and the bottom five codes for Philips. None work. This is not a smart TV (no built-in apps or WiFi ), but why should that matter? I sucessfully progammed a new Vizio here using 627 so I think I’m doing it right. Responds to the Philips remote easily.

Any suggestions?

OK, next TV, this is the last TV (for a while).

A new Philips series 3000 24” flat screen. I’ve tried 500, 505, 1756, 2051, the top ten and the bottom five codes for Philips. None work. This is not a smart TV (no built-in apps or WiFi ), but why should that matter? I sucessfully progammed a new Vizio here using 627 so I think I’m doing it right. Responds to the Philips remote easily.

Any suggestions?

You could search through all the codes. To do that press the SAT mode button until all the lights light up. Then press the big red power button and then channel up or down until your TV goes off. When that happens press the # button to save that code.

Reactions: BamaFan2
This is how long it's been since I installed, the codes I knew were -

Sony - 500
Zenith - 501
RCA - 505
Magnavox - 566

Those covered 90% of the TVs I saw!

:grinbounce

That one is good for just Visio. The 505 will work for anything that shares components with Vizio. 505 is my “universal” code. I believe it will work with Sony and LG as well.
I'll definitely keep that one in mind, 627 is a common code, too. I've used it for a few other brands. 766 for LG also works on newer Zeniths.

For TCL Roku TV's on the Hopper, manually use 1756. Also on Hoppers, for new Sharps, use Hisense

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts