Ready for new equipment... but can decide... :(

Yes, one USB OTA tuner per Hopper.

I suspect you will be best served by two HWS (Hopper With Sling). You can add Joeys as needed. A single Super Joey is allowed per account that has a single Hopper. Two Hopper accounts are not allowed a Super Joey. Technically, this is possible, but they will not allow it, presumably saving that bandwidth for a future purpose.

Why? Well, besides redundancy and double the recording space, I understand that we can reasonably expect to see the ability to have the second Hopper record for you when the tuners on the first Hopper are all in use, by the end of the year.

One Hopper can watch the recordings on another Hopper, today. I do it all the time.

HWS makes remote viewing easy.

I have connected 4 or 5 External Hard Drives on each Hopper, thru a powered hub. It will only deal with two at a time, but you can switch on and off as desired.

I have an owned Joey that I can call in to activate or deactivate as needed, saving a little bit per month. It can, of course, see both Hoppers.

BTW, to put this gently, and to support prior posts, DO NOT BUY A ViP 922! Legacy, darn near, and not long for this world.

Even IF it's s/w has finally stabilized, it is clear it is orphaned and you can expect little support or value in the future. You might be sadly disappointed in such a purchase, sooner rather than later.

Reactions: ChadT41
As a former tech support and tech support supervisor, dear god, please do not get that hideous PoS, 922. NavyChop nailed it. It was a great idea, and from it the glorious hopper system and gui was born, but it is a system that just needs to be forgotten about entirely.

Ok, guys, think the point has been heard by the OP RE 922, since he wants Hopper, or two, or one SJ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)