Status
Please reply by conversation.

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
This new interface is about to drive me crazy. I just can’t stand it.

If it wasn’t for the fact I have an employee account I would have switched over to Tivo 100%

Even that’s screwed up with the vox interface.

I hate. Can’t find anything in my HR54 Genie :(

Reactions: EchostarFan
This new interface is about to drive me crazy. I just can’t stand it.

I hate. Can’t find anything in my HR54 Genie :(

Me too. I want to leave so bad but the alternatives are like nailing jelly to a wall. Been with them twenty-one years so a divorce would be painful. But they say, "familiarity breeds contempt".

Reactions: whitewolf8214
What are you looking for?
manage recording (PRESS LIST)
All Series recordings are lumped into one box on list -(PRESS) select to fan it out
Setting (press) Menu
Guide (press) guide- then press (0) and jump to any date and time

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The new interface is broken, just slow, genie mini 61k after the update runs like crap. Even on the main receiver performance sucks.

I like the look of the new interface but the sluggishness is just unacceptable. Sometimes it takes over 5 seconds to register a button press.

I had a Tivo back in 1997 worked good. I couldn't stand using the plastic IR channel changer so I got rid of it.

Really like my Tivo Bolt VOX and 2 mini’s. Canceled Directv after 14 years and one year with the HS17 and clients. Even with a 4K TV the hassles to make things work correctly wern’t worth it. 4K programming was very limited and constantly repeated. AT&T has really screwed up DirecTv and I see little hope of it getting any better.

I agree there!

I’m thinking about rolling back my TiVo’s but don’t want to loose any content

Are the cable channels flagged with the copy protection flags?

pyTivo Desktop

If not use pytivo desktop to transfer the programming to a computer then back to the TiVo’s after the OS rollback. If you have more than one TiVo and the hard drive space to hold it all, use TiVo online to transfer recordings to one TiVo, then rollback the others transfer the recordings against and the. Rollback the other TiVo.

Some caveats if you’re in a Comcast area that’s converted to mpeg 4 channels then you have to use ts transfers which can introduce some lost data packets in the transfer. PS transfers work fine on mpeg 2 channels, which is what is use if I want to save something.

Reactions: dfergie
Really like my Tivo Bolt VOX and 2 mini’s. Canceled Directv after 14 years and one year with the HS17 and clients. Even with a 4K TV the hassles to make things work correctly wern’t worth it. 4K programming was very limited and constantly repeated. AT&T has really screwed up DirecTv and I see little hope of it getting any better.
Wow ....
Wow .... Wow...
First of all, the HS17 hasn't been out for a year.
2nd the 4k programming is what it is, if you don't like it, fine, but at least its there, better than any other provider out there.
ATT has not screwed this stuff up, the majority of it was already being worked on before att had anything to do with it.

I have yet to see a Cable or other Sat provider with 4k.

Thats ok, your gonna blame att regardless, some always will ....
Like I said the other day, had it been Comcast or Time Warner it wouldn't have been any better.

The haters are gonna hate, regardless of whether they are correct or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts